TSTT Forum: Quality of expertise on TSTT Wireless broadband HELP - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Quality of expertise on TSTT Wireless broadband HELP Do they really offer technical assistance

#1 User is offline   evdouser Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:59 PM

Around 9:00pm today I attempted to go on the internet, my EVDO wireless modem "connect" light was out, this problem had happened before, where there was antennae problems with tstt.

So I decided to call tstt wireless broadband help(824tstt 5 2 1 ), to inform/inquire what was the problem.
The gentleman at the other end of the phone (foreigner from the sound of his voice), went through the usual checks in the modem etc..all well and good..until I told him that the power light on my modem was red in color.

This was the problem he said..although I told him that I had the modem for 2 years and the power light was always red.
Anyway... I was referred to the Supervisor, I went over the same story with him, he called me back in about half an hour to tell me that I have to bring in my modem to tstt to check?????
I am writing this now at 10:52 pm on the same night that I made the complaint, remember I am not supposed to be on the internet as my modem power light is red
DO THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???
IMAGINE I HAVE TO DEBATE WITH THIS MAN ON THE COLOR OF THE POWER LIGHT ON MY MODEM.
IT HAS BEEN SO FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS.
Apart from poor technical help, I FEEL THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THIS AXESS.TEL MODEM THAT TSTT DOES NOT WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE. AND THERE IS AN EFFORT TO SAY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT , AND THEN THEY ARE GOING TO REPLACE IT WITH SOME INFERIOR MODEM.
ANYWAY, I should not be writing too much , cuz my power light on my modem is red, and I am not supposed to be on the internet.

#2 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:27 AM

For adsl they usually get confused if the lan cable from the modem is not yellow. Btw is your pc black because that could be the problem, also I hope your monitor is not one of those beige ones, I hear they need to have the same colour chassis and monitor for your pc to be good. Maybe your modem is one that works better so they want to make sure you get a lamer one, lol. I am unfamiliar with the modem but if you want you could open it and change the LED from the red one to a blue and then you will have improved internet. Especially since that supervisor man call you back, that's the first time I ever hear about something like that, usually their supervisors are the laziest of them all, they does refused to even accept my calls to tell you how impolite they are. Anyhow I agree with you there, maybe they really want to give you a lame modem especially since they called you back just to tell you to bring it in. lol. They must think you are a complete ###, hahahah. Don't ever carry it back, lets see if they send covert ninjas to steal it from your home next.

#3 User is offline   zion high Icon

• PipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

View Postevdouser, on Jun 8 2008, 10:59 PM, said:

Around 9:00pm today I attempted to go on the internet, my EVDO wireless modem "connect" light was out, this problem had happened before, where there was antennae problems with tstt.

So I decided to call tstt wireless broadband help(824tstt 5 2 1 ), to inform/inquire what was the problem.
The gentleman at the other end of the phone (foreigner from the sound of his voice), went through the usual checks in the modem etc..all well and good..until I told him that the power light on my modem was red in color.

This was the problem he said..although I told him that I had the modem for 2 years and the power light was always red.
Anyway... I was referred to the Supervisor, I went over the same story with him, he called me back in about half an hour to tell me that I have to bring in my modem to tstt to check?????
I am writing this now at 10:52 pm on the same night that I made the complaint, remember I am not supposed to be on the internet as my modem power light is red
DO THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???
IMAGINE I HAVE TO DEBATE WITH THIS MAN ON THE COLOR OF THE POWER LIGHT ON MY MODEM.
IT HAS BEEN SO FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS.
Apart from poor technical help, I FEEL THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THIS AXESS.TEL MODEM THAT TSTT DOES NOT WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE. AND THERE IS AN EFFORT TO SAY THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT , AND THEN THEY ARE GOING TO REPLACE IT WITH SOME INFERIOR MODEM.
ANYWAY, I should not be writing too much , cuz my power light on my modem is red, and I am not supposed to be on the internet.

Dont take it back. They tried to recall axessels but failed.Customers who used them refused to give them up because they work well when all else fails.
You can also set up a small network using an axesstel.
That indian helpdesk knows nothing about the axesstel ,waste of time even listening to them.
My power light has been red since I got mine so I not even listen to them.

#4 User is offline   mario2001 Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Computers, electronics and cellular tecnology

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

View Postzion high, on Jun 13 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

Dont take it back. They tried to recall axessels but failed.Customers who used them refused to give them up because they work well when all else fails.
You can also set up a small network using an axesstel.
That indian helpdesk knows nothing about the axesstel ,waste of time even listening to them.
My power light has been red since I got mine so I not even listen to them.

Hey all of this looks familiar i had the same identical problem several times and tstt always want to recall the modem for repairs ....i always brace them the first time it happened i thought that something was wrong the way how the tstt rep wanted to have it in for repairs to i sent it to axesstel and i was tolld that most of the time all the router needs is to be reset and you just need to re entre all the info (eg Username and password) and save it ....and it works ....i did everytime it happened after that and its been working fine.....i have had the router for 2yrs and had to dod the reset like 4 times

tstt is a ripoff

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users