TSTT Forum: Soulseek - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Soulseek Setting up soulseek

#1 User is offline   cwells Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:09 PM

Can anyone help me. For some reason the port that soulseek uses is always blocked. I tried port forwarding but with the paradyne router they gave me it seems almost impossible. I had them remove the firewall and still nothing. If anyone out there got there soulseek to work, i would be glad for an assist.

#2 User is offline   Philosophical45 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:33 PM

i having dis same problem, and i believe is tstt playin d rass, jah man somebody help nah

#3 User is offline   cwells Icon

• Pip

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:57 PM

I actually got it to work, i went into the router setting activated the Enable UPnP setting located under that advanced setup/ Lan. Then I went to Nat and opened port 2234 rebooted the router and it worked. The my router when down over the weekend and they reset my password today since then I haven't been able to get it back up, everything I have tried thus fass has failed. So if you hear anything, hit me up.

#4 User is offline   Philosophical45 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:57 PM

well i got it to work today, i did some port triggering thing, just add the port soul seek using to listen on in the port triggering or port forwarding section in you modem configuration, restart soul seek and it should work

#5 User is offline   halajeet Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:07 AM

Philosophical45, on Dec 18 2006, 10:57 PM, said:

well i got it to work today, i did some port triggering thing, just add the port soul seek using to listen on in the port triggering or port forwarding section in you modem configuration, restart soul seek and it should work

So now that you have it working, do you still think the problem was "is tstt playin d rass"? Why must you be so quick as to blame your ISP for every problem you encounter? If you were with another ISP would you blame them too?

#6 User is offline   -Kevin- Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:19 AM

cwells, on Dec 18 2006, 04:57 PM, said:

I went to Nat and opened port 2234 rebooted the router and it worked.

If You Dont Close That Port Then Someone Could Hack Into Your PC Through Netbios.. Lol.. So Be Aware!.. Muahaha.. :ph34r:

#7 User is offline   cwells Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

actually i am using a linksys wireless router now that controls all my port forwarding and triggering so I just bypassed the paradyne router which allows soulseek and all my other p2p to function as normal. My headaches almost over. Now I having a problem getting Outlook to download my mail only asking me to log into some network, Tstt saying that it's some password authentication failure problem that they having but I think they just full of crap as usual.

#8 User is offline   Philosophical45 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

halajeet, on Dec 20 2006, 06:07 AM, said:

Philosophical45, on Dec 18 2006, 10:57 PM, said:

So now that you have it working, do you still think the problem was "is tstt playin d rass"? Why must you be so quick as to blame your ISP for every problem you encounter? If you were with another ISP would you blame them too?

hey i know normally that tstt's firewall blocks these kinds of programs, so i was just sayin man, and yes if it was another isp i would have blamed them. jeeez

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users