TSTT Forum: To the Admin - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

To the Admin

#1 User is offline   R45 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:18 AM

I think it would be a great if you could contact one (or all) of the daily newspapers about this site. I'm sure atleast one paper would be willing to run a story about disgruntled TSTT customers posting their complaints on a forum. It would also make more people aware of the site and hopefully (dreaming) force TSTT to address the ongoing problems we are having.

#2 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 February 2005 - 01:27 PM

The Business Guardian had an article about this site last year in May or so ...

Quite a number of TSTT people are aware of the site (management etc). I was hoping that the site would help not only customers, but TSTT to 'BNDaKnw' ...

#3 User is offline   ama Icon

• Pip

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:06 AM

Do you know if TSTT is using the information here to improve their services?

#4 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:19 AM

ama, on Aug 12 2005, 08:06 AM, said:

Do you know if TSTT is using the information here to improve their services?

No !

#5 Guest_unregistered_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 August 2005 - 12:54 PM

Can anyone tell me why TSTT's employee population don't reflect the ethnic balance of T&T?

I happen to be interviewed for a job at TSTT and I went through 5 interviews and there was not one East Indian decent person on the 5 interview panels and each panel had 3 interviewers all employees of TSTT and was told that one of them is the chairman of the Airports Authority and # party election officer and bet your bottom dollar when I went to the first interview there were more East Indians than Africans and as the stages went on you saw it changed, even though they were more qualified than our African brothers I saw discrimination to the highest. Well I progressed to the last stage and those with me, were 15 Africans and 2 East Indians and I happen to get their qualifications from seeing the interviewers forms. The 2 East Indians were fully qualified and 5 of the Africans, the others had incomplete diplomas and some had on their sheets (son of employee XXXXX) and only Olevels. Mind you the ad on the papers had a minimum of a technician's diploma. Anyhow I and another East Indian was eliminated at the last stage and 12 Africans and 1 East Indian got through. TSTT PRACTICES NEPOTISM AND DISCRIMINATION TO THE HIGHEST. I urge my East Indian brothers and sisters that when competition comes, take you business and go to them. TSTT is another CEPEP where the government is creating employment for their friends and their family. I know some will be upset when they read this but the truth offends and I'm not against my African brothers but we all worked hard and employment should be on merit, not on race or family ties. And don't tell me that East Indians didn't apply, I am a witness that there were almost twice the amount of East Indians than Africans initially and to be called in by TSTT in the first place means they had a qualifying right to the postion advertised. Anyhow this is my experience and I thought I should share it with others.[COLOR=red]

#6 User is offline   Nightwolf Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:06 PM

Admin delete the above post, I don't think that such an argument shoudl be posted on this site. It's too controversial and will end up into a huge argument amongst posters.

#7 User is offline   nyro Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

While i agree that this forum is not the place for your post, I have my own aguments to make.
1. While the # was in power and your name had to be Singh, Maraj or others to even get an interview at such government agencyies, why is it the out indo-trinidadian brothers did not speak out against it, yet when the # does it they are racial,and biaised among other things. (don't get me worng I am not saying that it is right but why is it good for 1 and not for the other????)
2. What about at private institutions where it is owned by indo or 'local-white'
trinidiadians and the only work that is given to afro-trinidadians r the lower postions, when the top positions r keep for family and freinds even thou they are not quilified to bring you a glass of water??? ( don't tell me that I don't know what i am speaking about becasue i went through that sort of situation, I went to an interview at a business owend by indo-trinidadians and son said that i had the job, but when i went back for my second interview the mother said i did not have the look and that they were not hireing my type of people.)
3. the last time i looked there were no east indians or africans living here, only african and east inidan DESENDANTS, we are all trinidadians and it is peolpe like you who are dividing our multi-culture socitey with talk of east indian brothers and african brothers. it should be my trini brothers, this is not little anywhere we are our own nation made of many different races and cultures.

#8 Guest_Guest_guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

unregistered, on Aug 13 2005, 12:54 PM, said:

Can anyone tell me why TSTT's employee population don't reflect the ethnic balance of T&T?

I happen to be interviewed for a job at TSTT and I went through 5 interviews and there was not one East Indian decent person on the 5 interview panels and each panel had 3 interviewers all employees of TSTT and was told that one of them is the chairman of the Airports Authority and # party election officer and bet your bottom dollar when I went to the first interview there were more East Indians than Africans and as the stages went on you saw it changed, even though they were more qualified than our African brothers I saw discrimination to the highest. Well I progressed to the last stage and those with me, were 15 Africans and 2 East Indians and I happen to get their qualifications from seeing the interviewers forms. The 2 East Indians were fully qualified and 5 of the Africans, the others had incomplete diplomas and some had on their sheets (son of employee XXXXX) and only Olevels. Mind you the ad on the papers had a minimum of a technician's diploma. Anyhow I and another East Indian was eliminated at the last stage and 12 Africans and 1 East Indian got through. TSTT PRACTICES NEPOTISM AND DISCRIMINATION TO THE HIGHEST. I urge my East Indian brothers and sisters that when competition comes, take you business and go to them. TSTT is another CEPEP where the government is creating employment for their friends and their family. I know some will be upset when they read this but the truth offends and I'm not against my African brothers but we all worked hard and employment should be on merit, not on race or family ties. And don't tell me that East Indians didn't apply, I am a witness that there were almost twice the amount of East Indians than Africans initially and to be called in by TSTT in the first place means they had a qualifying right to the postion advertised. Anyhow this is my experience and I thought I should share it with others.[COLOR=red]

This is the fundamental problem with TSTT.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users