TSTT Forum: Random Disconnects DSL - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Random Disconnects DSL DSL POS

#1 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:37 AM

Is anyone else experiencing random disconnects from DSL for say maybe ranging from 15 mins to as long as and hour or two? I hard reboot my modem and also soft reboot it at their site. I have a Speed Stream router. The last time I spoke to someone, they said it could be the firmware but when someone came out to check it, they said it was fine, now the disconnects are worse and over periods of time. Now they are sending someone to check the line. Anyway this is getting really annoying.

Last night I was disconnected around 10pm or so, couldn't access web sites or anything. I noticed others complaining about same problem in above ADSL sticky. Please report the problem to TSTT. They said noone else has called in and reported anything similar.

#2 User is offline   R45 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:41 AM

It's definitely not a problem with your router. Traceroutes show each time that it's routing problem with TSTT and their international link(s) (It may also NOT be a problem with the international link itself but with TSTT's routers). It's guesswork by us at this point.

But certainly everyone should complain. I resend an email about it on a daily basis to their support addresses. I also suggest everyone CC emails to the Telecom Authority, They have requested complaints about Telecom providers when they fail to provide their advertised service, as per their charter.

#3 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:11 PM

I just spoke to them again to get some kind of an update. They said noone else reported a problem like some of us had last night. This makes me wonder if the people in there are telling the truth or not. So it looks like it's only me getting the problem.

:angry:

#4 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:45 PM

Did some research, looks like some series of Speed Stream need firmware updates requiring many power cycles to get a good connection. Wondering if this is the problem.

#5 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:46 PM

SPEEDSTREAM & PARADYNE users are having this problem..wait DEJA vu , i think i say this already in ah post

#6 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:49 PM

Anyways, getting a firmware update tomorrow from TSTT, they said the ones ending in like A21 are having these problems. They are not admitting anything else is wrong so who knows? <_<

#7 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:54 PM

so if that "firmware update" suppose to make everything better for speedstream users wat about paradyne ..why is it having the same problems ..doesdat mean it will need firmware update too..steups rubbish .i might not know the exact problem but i could tell they are feeding people lies to hide the truth

#8 User is offline   R45 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

This is not a home router issue. You can verify this by doing traceroutes from your connection. You will notice that your ADSL is routing to TSTT properly (tservq.tstt.net.net), however the route issues lie within TSTT and beyond.

#9 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Computers, music, electronics...

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:51 PM

Santos, on Sep 21 2006, 08:37 AM, said:

Is anyone else experiencing random disconnects from DSL for say maybe ranging from 15 mins to as long as and hour or two? I hard reboot my modem and also soft reboot it at their site. I have a Speed Stream router. The last time I spoke to someone, they said it could be the firmware but when someone came out to check it, they said it was fine, now the disconnects are worse and over periods of time. Now they are sending someone to check the line. Anyway this is getting really annoying.

Last night I was disconnected around 10pm or so, couldn't access web sites or anything. I noticed others complaining about same problem in above ADSL sticky. Please report the problem to TSTT. They said noone else has called in and reported anything similar.

Santos,

So the problem that you are having is not only that you cannot access the net, but that the router itself disconnects from TSTT? If that is the case it sounds a bit different from the problem other people were having.

I had a problem similar to yours a while back. How far do you live from exchange? Cus I was having a problem with my modem disconnecting randomly, and when they checked I was too far from the exchange. This is what they did to fix it:

Even though our DSL speed to the outside world is limited to 256kbps, the speed of the link between your house and TSTTs equipment at the exchange is actually a 1mb connection. So, they simply reduced that speed to 512kbps, and it has worked fine since then. My SNR has gone from an average of 12 to an average of about 20.

So you should check your SNR logs:
http://192.168.254.254/dslstatsx.htm

And if it is anything lower than 15 tell them that and get them to drop the link speed to 512.

Anyway your problem may not be the same as mine. You should check the SRN though.

Stephen.

#10 User is offline   shivy Icon

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:32 PM

Can you provide some traceroutes when you having the problems so we can comment on it?

#11 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:43 AM

No, my router is not disconnecting, what I mean is sometimes I have no access to the net for periods of times and suddenly after numerous reboots of the modem it will come back up as normal. As for the firmware update I am going to try it because I've had my modem almost 3 years now and I was told the A21 firmware are having issues "like" I described. Since I have not had an update in an extreme long time I figured it is worth a shot. I live in Cascade near the Belmont exchange.

#12 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:34 PM

it doesnt make sense calling (i know this from experience) becuz the technicians on the phone can only help with configuration problems or some kind of modem misfunction where they would tell u to try obvious things like "reset the modem" "power off and then on" and other doutish solutions

if u really want to get tstt attention on the slowness of torrents then u have to talk to the REAL technician ..the ones in tstt that they send out as support service ..people need to talk to them and then they will surely bring it to TSTT attention.. then again a source told me they already know and they are trying to fix the problem (which they dont know)

this is a before picture wen the torrents werent giving trouble (probably 2wks ago)..it was my average torrent speed

http://img221.images...ge=post1rk6.jpg

look at it now (taken yesterday)

[IMG]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1973/post2aa9.th.jpg[/IMG]

<_<

#13 User is offline   unimatrix001 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:19 AM

i have this same problem with random "loss of international internet" because i can get TSTT's website just fine when i cant seem to load any foreign sites.i dont know, this problem is just getting annoying.

it cant be the firmware because ive had the speadstreem modem for like 2 years and its only within th past 4 months ive been having these connection issues

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users