• You cannot reply to this topic

Flow Modem admin interface

#1 User is offline   javan Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:53 AM

Question for you FLOW USERS

As on the TSTT modems there was an interface to manage port forwarding.

Is there one on FLOW modems and how can u access it ?

Does flow modems allow incomming connections from the internet ?

(trying to allow remote desktop connection )

note i plan to have more than 1 pc usng the connection

#2 User is offline   guy_smiley Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 03:32 PM

The Flow modem has no firewall so there is no port forwarding to be done since nothing is blocked.

I use it with a 3COM router. I have port forwarding setup there to allow my P2P client (aMule) to function properly.
No problem with incoming connections. Using Ubuntu Linux.

The modem status is viewable at http://192.168.100.1
Set your NIC's IP to this subnet (say 192.168.100.2) and you will be able to access the web page

#3 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Computers, music, electronics...

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:34 PM

View Postguy_smiley, on Sep 24 2007, 03:32 PM, said:

The Flow modem has no firewall so there is no port forwarding to be done since nothing is blocked.

I use it with a 3COM router. I have port forwarding setup there to allow my P2P client (aMule) to function properly.
No problem with incoming connections. Using Ubuntu Linux.

The modem status is viewable at http://192.168.100.1
Set your NIC's IP to this subnet (say 192.168.100.2) and you will be able to access the web page

Flow's modem also does not have a router built in - it is basically just a modem connecting your NIC (Network Card) directly to the internet - no firewall, router or anything. So basically all ports are accessible, and you have to either install a firewall on your PC, or use a router like guy_smiley mentioned, which would have a firewall built in.

#4 User is offline   PikachuMan Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:56 PM

Hrm, suppose I had the flow modem connected to a Linksys wireless router, then would 192.168.100.1 work straight out of the gate? Or do I have to do anything special with my computer's IP configuration?

(Linksys routers have their own address at 192.168.1.1, and start giving our IPs at 192.168.1.100)

#5 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Computers, music, electronics...

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

View PostPikachuMan, on Sep 24 2007, 05:56 PM, said:

Hrm, suppose I had the flow modem connected to a Linksys wireless router, then would 192.168.100.1 work straight out of the gate? Or do I have to do anything special with my computer's IP configuration?

(Linksys routers have their own address at 192.168.1.1, and start giving our IPs at 192.168.1.100)

Hold up! The 192.168.100.1 address on the modem simply gives you diagnostic information from the modem (SNR etc). You do not need to access this page regularly, if at all, and you certainly can't change anything on the page.

Also, if you set your IP address to the 192.168.100.* range so you can access that page, you will not be able to access the internet at the same time.

So, what you need to do is connect the internet port on the router to the Flow modem, and the router will get a public IP address from Flow automatically. You can then connect your PC to the router, and access the router's config page (192.168.1.1 in the case of the Linksys routers) and setup port forwarding there.

Quite simply actually :D .

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users