TSTT Forum: GPRS Roaming - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

GPRS Roaming ... in Barbados

#1 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:13 AM

Just some GPRS experience from last week ... Went to Barbados and had mainly 'JM Digicel' and Cingular (AT&T) cell networks on my T68i for selection ... couldn't find any C&W ...
With Cingular the GPRS reception bar was on, with Digicel it wasn't. When I tried using Cingular with GPRS ... it actually worked my my 'TSTT home setup'. Did not have to change anything ... wonder what I have to pay for the bytes I sent?
Anyhow, while this was working one night, the next morning I got an error message with 'Wrong APN (Access Point Node). Wonder if this is supposed to work or not.
But it's quite nice if you have nothing else and need Internet access.

#2 User is offline   DC_ Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:19 PM

Ive had it work in Jamiaca (Digicel), Dallas (Cingular) and UK (can't remember off hand now who it was - didn't bother to keep tabs as was only there last time for a day in transit).

#3 User is offline   R45 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:42 AM

I was in Barbados this August and couldn't access GPRS (atleast with my TSTT settings) on either Cingular or C&W. Really didn't try too hard however.

#4 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 September 2005 - 04:34 PM

I was also in Barbados in August and it worked ... sometimes. Often I got something like 'Invalid APN' ... and I tried a number of times.

#5 User is offline   flashy Icon

• Pip

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:06 PM

I have a friend thats from Barbados he uses his a sim he brought from Barbados and uses the net constantly and he don't pay a cent on his P910 that is BOSS!

i just have a samsung e350e and i doubt the setting may work on it Help me someone!!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users