TSTT Forum: SMS Internet Gatway - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

SMS Internet Gatway Tstt forgot . . .

#1 User is offline   Jose Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:34 PM

OK, they turned off the gateway when everything crashed. Go figure - TSTT is the only company in techonology that goes backward with an upgrade, and havent they heard of "redundancy"? Anyhow, it's been soooooooooo long since the problem, y is teh net gateway not operational? Another monopoly ploy to get ppl to pay for txts from their phones, so TSTT can recoup some of their lost expenditure.

#2 Guest_Sumana_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:35 AM

It would be nice if they put it back up. I'm leaving the country at the end of this week and I would like a way to text friends and family down here.

#3 Guest_Peter_*

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:29 AM

Back in June TSTT told me the SMS facility was down for security reasons, even hinting that was for my benefit! Even the USA have the facilty despite their obcession with security so I am still living in hopes TSTT will restore the things PDQ - I live 1/2 my time out of T & T and would use SMS frequently.

#4 Guest_lakhan_*

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:51 AM

hi the tstt gateway is down because of security reasons?since when they are caring about security intrinidad

#5 User is offline   DC_ Icon

• PipPip

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:12 PM

Sumana, on Aug 14 2005, 01:35 AM, said:

It would be nice if they put it back up. I'm leaving the country at the end of this week and I would like a way to text friends and family down here.

I've used my o2 sim and vodaphone sim to text trinidad while out of the country. No problem and you pay out of your inclusive free text messages.
send text to +1868phone_no

#6 User is offline   Jose Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:29 PM

Wow! I emailes support, they actually fowarded it to someone in TSTT! The reply as to y its not up was:

Good day Sir / Madam,

We acknowledge receipt of your email dated 5th September 2005.

Previously we allowed customers the service of sending text messages
via the internet. However this
had been on a trial basis, and customers were not being charged for
this. Recently we suspended
this service and a decision has not yet been made as to when it will be
re introduced.

As soon as this information becomes available, we will communicate same
to all
customers.

We apologise for the inconveniences caused.

Kind regards,

Natalie Sayers
Customer Administration Department

#7 Guest_Frustrated_*

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:28 AM

What the hell is going on with The TSTT. I live overseas and use the SMS gateway frequently. I can't wait for another company to come to TT. Then TSTT would suddenly fix the gateway, and would want to offer the moon and stars to keep customers. It's only a matter of time. and I can't wait. :blink:

#8 Guest_Guest_ArMouR_*

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:27 AM

I am very disappointed with TSTT in this matter. Information sure takes long as to whether they decide to bring it back online or not... its not rocket science if you think about it because Digicel will put one up and attract everyone ... (that's a pretty interesting business plan for Digicel)

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users