TSTT Forum: Torrents are painfully slow - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Torrents are painfully slow Is anyone else having this issue?

#1 User is offline   deathwinger Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

My torrents are going incredibly slow, in between 20 to 60KB/s. Come to think of it. This is occuring with downloads as well. They are in the vicinity of say, 70 to 80 KB/s. I am accustomed to speed of torrents well over 90 KB/s and downloads in the 250 KB/s catagory. What could be the problem in this circumstance?

#2 User is offline   guidostjo Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:11 PM

View Postdeathwinger, on Sep 21 2008, 06:56 PM, said:

My torrents are going incredibly slow, in between 20 to 60KB/s. Come to think of it. This is occuring with downloads as well. They are in the vicinity of say, 70 to 80 KB/s. I am accustomed to speed of torrents well over 90 KB/s and downloads in the 250 KB/s catagory. What could be the problem in this circumstance?

The answer is flow and their sh@#$! network. Imagine youtube videos are seriously buffering tonight. I eh go even bother do a speedtest.

#3 User is offline   death365 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:36 PM

Download Speed: 349 kbps (43.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 233 kbps (29.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:35:45 PM

http://www.ip-adress.com/speedtest/

sucks huh !

#4 User is offline   deathwinger Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

I guess we have to call and complain. Sigh, I can't remember the last time I called them. Lol, maybe that's the mistake. We not keeping them on their toes.

#5 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:39 PM

I have called and complained about this. Something is wrong with their speeds again. Calling and complaining is the only way to get their attention on this.

#6 User is offline   guidostjo Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:37 AM

View PostSantos, on Sep 24 2008, 06:39 PM, said:

I have called and complained about this. Something is wrong with their speeds again. Calling and complaining is the only way to get their attention on this.

Up till this morning, speeds are ridiculously slow. I cant even browse without an annoying delay. I've seen 256k work better than this.

#7 User is offline   Alpine Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

please note even with Blink I cannot browse while torrents are on. Just disable torrents totally and it works perfect for me.

#8 User is offline   Alpine Icon

• Forum Jedi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MembersRes1

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:54 AM

Ow almost forgot to mention you can almost never get proper speeds on torrents unless its a latest file on a popular public tracker or unless you fortunate enough like me to have a private account on torrentleech which is the best private tracker on the planet.

Its then and only then you can get fast speeds with torrents. You should check to see amd make sure the seeds out number the leech in a torrent file and by a mile distance to if you want to get anything close to 2MB from a torrent file.

Torrentleech is the only private tracker I know of on this planet that you can MAX a FLOW 6MB connection on a 2 year old file. And unless you got a account there ai cannot see you even getting close to 2MB on most torrents.

hope that helps.

#9 User is offline   aka Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

Over the last two weeks Flow has been working like crap. It started after a day-long interruption. I have to reload almost every page and the the time to find the ones that do load first time is long. Is anyone having a similar problem with Flow?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users