TSTT Forum: adsl router losing connection - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

adsl router losing connection

#1 User is offline   yang Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

my adsl speedstream 5200 stops recieving signal after it is running and i have to reboot or unplug the router to get back connection.
can anyone tell me what i can do

#2 User is offline   cwells Icon

• Pip

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:25 PM

Well honestly i don't think that there is much you can do. I am having that same problem with my connection dropping constantly sometimes as much as 5 times in an hour or more on really bad days with my Paradyne modem. I think that it's more of an issue with the actual phone lines or at the exchange. Tstt doesn't offer much help and there "ample" out sourced field technicians offer even less help then that. So I guess it's just a hope and a prayer things get better.

#3 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:54 AM

my adsl speedstream 5200 stops recieving signal after it is running and i have to reboot or unplug the router to get back connection.
can anyone tell me what i can do

Well, since TSTT is your service provider, I recommend contacting TSTT!
Most problems can only be resolved when they are reported.
If more people report problems, they will take on that particular problem faster (I guess).

You might have the same ADSL problem I currently struggle with. A problem in the exchange in Sweet Briar Road (DSLAM I presume).
Where are you located?

#4 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

this was a famous problem paradyne users like myself was havin some mths ago

since u have speedstream it mite be hard to help u

the problem was fixed for paradyne by reporting it ...and tstt said it was a bug in da firmware..so they got the paradyne company (zhone site) 2 release an update of the firmware

problem was fixed after that

#5 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

a bug in the paradyne firmware? new version of firmware? hmm. Ok help me out here, I went on paradyne aka zhone website and looked for firmware for my modem but they have a lower version than I currently have. their website has version 03.00.17 and my modem reports version 03.00.19. since you have a paradyne modem too then hopefully u could help me out.

also for the folks with random service drops it could be that you have not placed dsl filters for each termination in your phone line. normally if your phone rings it could short out the dsl service. Also run cat5 cable to your dsl phone box straight from your tstt NID box outside your house. I ran cat5 and my phone network is in a star configuration for max performance. I am working on getting a outdoor pots splitter to make sure I have full rate and also to not have to use those little line filters by each device. every filter adds capacitance to the line which makes it electrically longer than it actually is. you can check out this site which has the best hardware when it comes to phone line. check out the small outdoor pots splitter. Also the guy ships international.
http://www.homephone.../materials.html

I am not saying that this is the cause for your problems but it could be. also it makes no sense paying for dsl if your phone line is not ready for it. normal quad straight JK phone wire is below the standard for dsl.

#6 User is offline   yang Icon

• Pip

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:18 PM

i'm located in chaguanas

#7 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:36 PM

Lich King

http://www.zhone.com.../downloads/cpe/

go straight there ..check on the bottom of your modem to see which model it is

(mine own was 6211-I1-xxx)

get the lastest version in whichever category u go into

#8 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:52 PM

I already went there,that's why I said their website has version 03.00.17 and my modem reports version 03.00.19. My model is 6211-I2-xxx. According to zhone tech support the modem that I have is custom made for TSTT so they of course immediately avoided the chance to actually help me by directing me to go ask TSTT. We all know how that will end, TSTT will blame everything on you somehow then make you request a technician then technician comes and does nothing because there is nothing that could possibly be done, blame it on somebody else on tstt then leave. End result is you are 350 dollars poorer. PWNED!

Anyway the real reason I was interested in the firmware was because I am having some issues with uTorrent where it kills web browsing completely sometimes. Trying all combinations of settings and reading other forums to try to find a solution. Don't know if anybody else gets slow browsing when they load up p2p.

#9 User is offline   Who Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:26 AM

Lich King, on Apr 15 2007, 09:52 PM, said:

.....Anyway the real reason I was interested in the firmware was because I am having some issues with uTorrent where it kills web browsing completely sometimes. Trying all combinations of settings and reading other forums to try to find a solution. Don't know if anybody else gets slow browsing when they load up p2p.

I just got my router 3 days ago and I'm having the same damn problem :angry: ...if uTorrent is downloading/uploading and I try to use my browser, I get nothing and eventually the connection drops even if I limit the download and upload speeds in uTorrent. Once that happens the tray icon for the connection stops responding. Sometimes I can get it to start working again by unpluging the router and plugging it back in but sometimes the only way to get it working is to reset my system since it fails to restart after the connection is dropped. I'm almost certain its not viral or pest related since everything works fine if both tasks(browsing, uTorrent) are done independently.

I searched the web and there are a number of ppl with the problem but no one seems to have the solution :(
Will let you know if I come up with anything.

#10 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:58 PM

I think I have gotten uTorrent as well as eMule to work.
For uTorrent:
>>Preferences->BitTorrent
Additional BitTorrent Features - Disable DHT Networks but leave it on for new torrents.
Reduce Number of connections - Global 30, Max peers per torrent 10, Upload slots per torrent 1.
>>Preferences->Advanced
change the value of "net.max_halfopen" to 4.
change "peer.disconnect_inactive_interval" to 100.
Click set to save values then click apply or Ok.

For eMule:
>>Options->Connection
Disable Kad. Disable UDP Client Port. Limit Max Connections to 100.
>>Options->Extended
Set max new connections/5 seconds to 5. Set max half open connections to 4. Enable "Fast connection reject".

I want a second opinion on this so please try what I have said and confirm if it works.

#11 User is offline   Who Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

I had reduced the number of connections by half earlier today and that seemed to work. But I just read your post and changed the advanced stuff since it seemed like a good idea from what i read about those settings. Everything seems to be working fine now :D I hope other ppl who may be having the same problem actually find this thread.

You might want to also check out these pages:
http://www.xtreme-so...t-tweaking.html
http://www.microsoft...n/MS06-007.mspx

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users