TSTT Forum: uTorrent connection trouble!!! - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

uTorrent connection trouble!!! Didnt happen when I had the Alcatel mode

#1 User is offline   DFederales Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:34 PM

Bought the Paradyne modem got it set up, but when I tried to download with uTorrent I see that I am not connectable so I tested the forwared port and it was not open. My hope was that someone got this problem figured out and can tell me what to do.

This kinda thing never happened when I had the old Alcatel usb modem.

#2 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:57 AM

ok well i made a similar post like this in another thread but i do it again ..since i have the paradyne & i had de same prob u having & i eventually found out wat to do den this should work for u

first make sure tstt the firewall on thier side disabled for ur account by calling and asking dem to do so

go start->control panel->security center->click windows firewall at the bottom to open that config page

make sure the firewall is on then go to the exceptions section as seen in the pic

http://img147.images...ic1windfxw7.jpg

this next step will allow the tcp to be opened for any prog using . Azures will begin to show green for NAT, and utorrent will show green also for the tcp icon at the underneath

http://img221.images...ic2natokmn3.jpg

press add port , give it a name eg utorrent ..port number is wat u choose eg. 32456 and choose tcp ..then ok

next make another add port, naming eg uttorent udp..port number eg. 43456 and choose UDP...then ok

now scroll down in ur exception box list untill u see UPNP Framework..press edit and make sure the to boxes are tick then press ok ..so the execptions now should have the 2 custom ports u open and the upnp framework tick

then jus ok everything

last step is going in ur torrent prog and setting entering the port u JUS opened into the required field ..

incoming port = the tcp port ..so if u put 32456 as i put as an example then put 32456 as show in the pic

http://img216.images...c3utportvt5.jpg

one ting i notice bout utorrent is that it have nowhere to enter the udp port that u opened in the windows firewall section but for azureus users they must enter it, so if using azureus make sure & enter the same port no u opened for udp ..if u used the port no i stated 43456..then it would be 43456 in the udp port section of azureus (this wouldnt apply to uttorent users)

http://img226.images...c4udptcpwn3.jpg

also remember to untick upnp port mapping but as a torrent user u should know dat already

http://img330.images...ic5upnpdiy3.jpg

yuh should be getting all greens now

#3 User is offline   -Kevin- Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:42 AM

Maybe If The Pics Were A Little Bigger He'd Understand.. Lol.. Jus Playin..

#4 User is offline   DFederales Icon

• PipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

Wow thx a whole lot, I thought I was supposed to mess with the settings in the modem itself didnt think it was solved through windows.

#5 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:48 PM

lol i know wat yuh mean i use to have my windows firewall disabled and use watever software i had but not again

#6 User is offline   unimatrix001 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

k is there any help for us fellaz who like to use UPnP...dat gave me no problems with the speedstream modem, but as i now get a paradyne, i cant seem to get it to work...

#7 User is offline   flint Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

View Postunimatrix001, on Jan 14 2008, 04:57 PM, said:

k is there any help for us fellaz who like to use UPnP...dat gave me no problems with the speedstream modem, but as i now get a paradyne, i cant seem to get it to work...

That's because Paradyne defaults this option off.

To enable on paradyne simply access the modem page (192.168.1.1 default)
Goto Avdanced Setup, then LAN

Under LAN you'll see the Enable UPnP check box, simply check that and save/Reboot.

After the modem reboots you'll have upnp enabled

#8 User is offline   unimatrix001 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:26 AM

View Postflint, on Jan 14 2008, 09:02 PM, said:

That's because Paradyne defaults this option off.

To enable on paradyne simply access the modem page (192.168.1.1 default)
Goto Avdanced Setup, then LAN

Under LAN you'll see the Enable UPnP check box, simply check that and save/Reboot.

After the modem reboots you'll have upnp enabled

yeh i know it was off and i enabled it and it still didnt work

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users