TSTT Forum: Blink goes down at night - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Blink goes down at night

#1 User is offline   kshep92 Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

I can't believe this nonsense! EVER SINGLE NIGHT since some time in Late march/Early April, my internet connection deteriorates during the hours of 10PM to 6AM (it's gotten worse now, btw - now the crap starts at 7 :angry: ) Needless to say i am extremely upset and dissatisfied with the kind of service i'm getting. All my tech support calls get routed to some Indian place where they can't even speak english properly because they ask me to repeat everything I say and they never seem quite sure as to what i'm asking.

Anyway, long story short, I sat and observed my connection statistics during the problem hours and saw that the address for my default gateway changes, and comes and goes as it pleases. Sometimes my Default Gateway and two DNS server fields go blank for minutes at a time and even when they are present the internet moves PAINFULLY slow.

Up to now nobody has been able to give me a proper solution to this issue.... anybody here think they could help me out?

#2 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

View Postkshep92, on May 30 2008, 10:26 AM, said:

I can't believe this nonsense! EVER SINGLE NIGHT since some time in Late march/Early April, my internet connection deteriorates during the hours of 10PM to 6AM (it's gotten worse now, btw - now the crap starts at 7 :angry: ) Needless to say i am extremely upset and dissatisfied with the kind of service i'm getting. All my tech support calls get routed to some Indian place where they can't even speak english properly because they ask me to repeat everything I say and they never seem quite sure as to what i'm asking.

Anyway, long story short, I sat and observed my connection statistics during the problem hours and saw that the address for my default gateway changes, and comes and goes as it pleases. Sometimes my Default Gateway and two DNS server fields go blank for minutes at a time and even when they are present the internet moves PAINFULLY slow.

Up to now nobody has been able to give me a proper solution to this issue.... anybody here think they could help me out?
Maybe we could help figure out a few things. Can you quote your line stats SNR and Attenuation. Also what modem do you have because that problem is very similar to what occurs with older modems like paradyne I1 and speedstream models. Only the I2 and I3 paradyne models work well once you have updated to the latest firmware because there is also a bug in the firmware that has something to do with some gateway issue I think.

#3 User is offline   kshep92 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:06 AM

View PostLich King, on May 30 2008, 02:31 PM, said:

Maybe we could help figure out a few things. Can you quote your line stats SNR and Attenuation. Also what modem do you have because that problem is very similar to what occurs with older modems like paradyne I1 and speedstream models. Only the I2 and I3 paradyne models work well once you have updated to the latest firmware because there is also a bug in the firmware that has something to do with some gateway issue I think.

Thanks for the reply....

Ok I don't know what i'm not sure where i'm getting the SNR stat from, but attenuation shouldn't be a problem since the ethernet connection from the modem to the PC is about 1.5 ft. and the connection to the phone outlet is fairly short as well... but my line stats are:

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 797
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 8740

This is what i'm getting when my internet is working fine. And yes, I have the Paradyne 6211-I1, should I ask for a change in modem to see if it'll help?

#4 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

View Postkshep92, on May 31 2008, 07:06 AM, said:

Thanks for the reply....

Ok I don't know what i'm not sure where i'm getting the SNR stat from, but attenuation shouldn't be a problem since the ethernet connection from the modem to the PC is about 1.5 ft. and the connection to the phone outlet is fairly short as well... but my line stats are:

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 797
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 8740

This is what i'm getting when my internet is working fine. And yes, I have the Paradyne 6211-I1, should I ask for a change in modem to see if it'll help?

Line stats are located under device info then click statistics then click ADSL and you will see a table. Anyway yes I do suggest you ask for a new modem. No matter what the Indian guys tell you, you make sure they understand that you want a new modem and it most likely will solve your problems. I say that because I know someebody else with an I1 modem and their connection drops and reconnects all the time, same thing like your problem, even the technician who came to fix my dsl recently told me that the I1 not compatible with blink, only the I2 and I3. Hence the first thing to do is to get them to change the modem, usually that will take about a week for a technician to visit your house and bring the modem, most likely it might be a subcontractor too if is just to change the modem. Anyway call the Indian folks and organise to get your new modem.

#5 User is offline   syljon Icon

• PipPip

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:14 PM

View PostLich King, on May 31 2008, 01:37 PM, said:

Line stats are located under device info then click statistics then click ADSL and you will see a table. Anyway yes I do suggest you ask for a new modem. No matter what the Indian guys tell you, you make sure they understand that you want a new modem and it most likely will solve your problems. I say that because I know someebody else with an I1 modem and their connection drops and reconnects all the time, same thing like your problem, even the technician who came to fix my dsl recently told me that the I1 not compatible with blink, only the I2 and I3. Hence the first thing to do is to get them to change the modem, usually that will take about a week for a technician to visit your house and bring the modem, most likely it might be a subcontractor too if is just to change the modem. Anyway call the Indian folks and organise to get your new modem.

1, Yes change the modem.. they will replace it with the I3 model.
2, check your phone extension and the filters attached.

BTW you are getting excellent stats for an I1!!

#6 User is offline   kshep92 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:42 PM

Thanks soo very much for the help guys, I'l get on the request line right away and give you an update as to what unfolds...

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users