TSTT Forum: TSTT Rate-cut - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

TSTT Rate-cut ... 50% lower fees for oversea calls

#1 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:26 PM

It seems we are soon getting lower rates for oversea calls. A cut by 50% and lowering the 'Talk Fuhso' (via public phone using Net2Phone) to one dollar per minute will give some relief to 'talkers'. It might be competition for the 'Call Centers' but I guess they simply reduce the fees by 5 cents or so and they are again available for lower rates.

#2 Guest_South Man_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 01 July 2004 - 02:20 AM

It's just funny how TSTT has done this just after the bill was passed to allow other Telecommunications Companies to enter Trinidad.....LOL :lol:

On the other hand I heard they want to raise the cost for local calls? Do they really want to lose ALL their customers now?? :huh:

Fi-yah Bun TSTT :ph34r:

#3 Guest_rmjb_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 01 July 2004 - 09:41 AM

Do they really want to lose ALL their customers now??

From what I understand TSTT only getting competition on cell phones for now and nothing else man. So they wont loose land-line customers.

I still think the rate increase in local calls sucks tho, cause they'll end up making a whole lot more money than before, and they not supposed to be making ridiculous profit... they're a public utility.

- rmjb

#4 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:02 PM

Well, from what I understand they are only talking about the 23c unlimited calls for calls within the same exchange. I have to admit that I can understand that this policy might cause problems. Some companies or people might just dialup once a month and keep the connection open all the time and they pay only 23c. For TSTT it means a busy circuit for all that time and they would have to cater for these circuits.
Biggest impact: ... Internet connections to non-TSTT ISP's would be much more expensive as you then pay to the ISP & TSTT for the time you are online.
But that is the way many other countries have implemented their local calls too.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users