• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ARCOS

#16 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Computers, music, electronics...

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

View Postmatt, on Nov 7 2007, 09:57 AM, said:

They're two routes to flow from tstt, so if one fails there's another way to get to flow!
Yet you critcises they only got one crappy route. Definitely, goes to show you shouldn't
be critcising any ISP's routing decision, unless you're on the same level as those guys.

Lol. Why the hard feelings dude? I'm not attacking you, so if you have a point to make then just make it, no need to get personal.

Now as far as criticizing TSTT, I do not have to be 'on the same level' as them to criticize them. Regardless of whether I know about load balancing, redundant routes, etc, I simply pointed out that a packet going from a TSTT connection to a Flow connection had to go all the way to the US and back. The Flow --> TSTT packet on the other hand never left the country. Is there anything wrong with saying that Flow's routing was a faster, more efficient route??

I understand that both ISPs would have multiple routes to eachother, for redundancy. But the local link between Flow & TSTT was clearly working (the Flow --> TSTT packet for example), so why then did the TSTT --> Flow packet go all the way to the US?

Nothing wrong with me noticing this and pointing it out, is there? Isn't that what this forum is for? If you can see some fault in my logic, please let me know. We're all here to learn.

Cheers,
Stephen.

#17 User is offline   matt Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:46 AM

I have no problem if you made such a point, but you insulted TSTT afterwards as if you're better than TSTT itself.

#18 User is offline   samureye Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:28 PM

View Postmatt, on Nov 7 2007, 12:46 PM, said:

I have no problem if you made such a point, but you insulted TSTT afterwards as if you're better than TSTT itself.

Everyone is better than TSTT.

#19 User is offline   Chiney Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

yall talkin a bunch of hot air..

yuh have no idea as to wat takes place behind the actually workin environment..the challenges dey face and have to deal with..

its jus like my programmin class..

u gotta becareful where your code is..cuz u can call upon something at the wrong time..

give the ppl ah DAMN BREAK!

everyone kno they #..

they kno they #..

talk done !

#20 User is offline   matt Icon

• PipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

Samureye the day you run an isp better than TSTT, call me. :)

good point @ chiney.Exactly whats greall being saying all the time; the bashing is becoming senseless;

#21 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:05 PM

Noone really cares what any particular persopn thinks. Imo tho TSTT is still worse than Flow even with their problems. Get over it already. Everyone has their own opnion and experiences.

#22 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

Guys, let's lay the 'TSTT sucks' argument to rest. Matt, no one is attacking you personally, we are just pointing out things that we find wrong with TSTT, and opening up the floor for discussion. The name of this forum is 'TSTT Problems', so naturally we will be discussing... problems with TSTT.

Now as far as the original point I made, those of you who seem to have a problem with me saying that TSTT needs routing lessons from Flow, then please tell me how this is not the case. And don't tell me 'oh their work load is too much' or something like that. Technically, isn't Flow's route better than TSTT's?

#23 User is offline   samureye Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

View Postmatt, on Nov 7 2007, 03:45 PM, said:

Samureye the day you run an isp better than TSTT, call me. :)

good point @ chiney.Exactly whats greall being saying all the time; the bashing is becoming senseless;

I can run a Telecommunications company better because I won't ram my fist up people's asses. I won't route calls through VOIP for cents per minute and charge people an arm and a leg.

#24 User is offline   syljon Icon

• PipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:15 PM

View Postsamureye, on Nov 7 2007, 04:47 PM, said:

I can run a Telecommunications company better because I won't ram my fist up people's asses. I won't route calls through VOIP for cents per minute and charge people an arm and a leg.

When you:-
1) build your cable station in this country,
2) lay your cable from Port of Spain to Miami,
3) negotiate your termination rates with the other telecoms such as Sprint AT&T etc.,
4) Decide what rates you will charge your customers to recoup your investment and make a profit (because you are running a business of course)

Then you can take your foot out of your mouth.

#25 User is offline   Chiney Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

lol

de man say he can run his own tele. com. company

hahahahaha

lil children jokes

hahaha

allyuh is kiXX!!

allyuh really tryin to make me laugh here yes!!

hahahahahahahahaha

#26 User is offline   matt Icon

• PipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

View Postsrnoth, on Nov 7 2007, 03:47 PM, said:

Guys, let's lay the 'TSTT sucks' argument to rest. Matt, no one is attacking you personally, we are just pointing out things that we find wrong with TSTT, and opening up the floor for discussion. The name of this forum is 'TSTT Problems', so naturally we will be discussing... problems with TSTT.
Now as far as the original point I made, those of you who seem to have a problem with me saying that TSTT needs routing lessons from Flow, then please tell me how this is not the case. And don't tell me 'oh their work load is too much' or something like that. Technically, isn't Flow's route better than TSTT's?

I never claimed anyone is attacking me. I already stated everything needed in my first two post in this thread, please go read up on your lessons. I'm not going to make it easy for you, answer that question yourself. Anyways, i won't be posting again. Seriously, i don't want to start a flamewar in here.
Crap, i doubled posted, mods take care of that.

#27 User is offline   samureye Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

View Postsyljon, on Nov 7 2007, 06:15 PM, said:

When you:-
1) build your cable station in this country,
2) lay your cable from Port of Spain to Miami,
3) negotiate your termination rates with the other telecoms such as Sprint AT&T etc.,
4) Decide what rates you will charge your customers to recoup your investment and make a profit (because you are running a business of course)

Then you can take your foot out of your mouth.

You said run, not build from the ground up. While I agree this is pointless, the general idea is that TSTT is a nasty company and Flow is infinitely better. In case you couldn't pick that up.

#28 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

Okay folks, no more discussion of Flow vs. TSTT in this thread please, as that is clearly off topic. We are discussing Flow's routing patters, whether via TSTT or via ARCOS. I pointed out that packets from TSTT to Flow seem to go up to Miami and then back down to Flow through the ARCOS network. Anyone have any technical reasons for this?

#29 User is offline   syljon Icon

• PipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:40 PM

View Postsamureye, on Nov 7 2007, 07:36 PM, said:

You said run, not build from the ground up. While I agree this is pointless, the general idea is that TSTT is a nasty company and Flow is infinitely better. In case you couldn't pick that up.

What I "picked up" is that your opinion is that you you do not like TSTT ... This is all right we are all entitled, but when criticism without suggestions and solutions is just a rant... And that's my point.

#30 User is offline   bushman5 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:41 PM

agreed every 1 is better than TSTT

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users