• Last »

Blink Contract TSTT FTL!

#16 User is offline   Lithiyum Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

View PostEnishi, on Nov 12 2007, 09:56 PM, said:

What speeds do you get when downloading?

bout the approx speed the speedtest said unless i use a dld accelerator then a get bout 220kb/s

#17 User is offline   Lithiyum Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:19 AM

http://www.speedtest...t/201719121.png

things are back to norm with downloads to and ping fixed guess it was a tech prob

#18 User is offline   Chiney Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:19 PM

i`m hearin that the contract is only for the 10mbit connection..( 4gb limit)

is that true?

and the 2mbit is not limited....

#19 User is offline   Enishi Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:57 PM

View PostChiney, on Nov 13 2007, 02:19 PM, said:

i`m hearin that the contract is only for the 10mbit connection..( 4gb limit)

is that true?

and the 2mbit is not limited....

It's possible....I downloaded over 10 gigs per day on a few occasions and got no cap placed on my connection.

#20 User is offline   Chiney Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2007 - 06:49 PM

hope its so

#21 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:17 PM

<DELETED> tstt relly nvr fail to dissappoint lol

#22 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:26 PM

View PostEnishi, on Nov 12 2007, 09:53 PM, said:

Is it just me or does it seem like TSTT trying to lose all their customers? I mean really....4gb is less than a friggin dual layer DVD.

Actually it less that a single layer DVD also. Remember that's only 4.37 (usable) GB

View PostLich King, on Nov 12 2007, 09:50 PM, said:

Yea I am in the same problem as you. Flow sticking to come in my area too.

Flow hasn't reached up to my area as yet either. If they don't I would have to resort to taking Blink.
I however like Flow's 2Mbps for $190, that sounds very nice to me compared to the Blink 1Mbps that I would have to end up taking for $229.

View PostEnishi, on Nov 13 2007, 04:57 PM, said:

It's possible....I downloaded over 10 gigs per day on a few occasions and got no cap placed on my connection.

They probably now learning how to cap it... beware...

#23 User is offline   Enishi Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

Ah well...I only download during off peak anyway.

#24 User is offline   Chiney Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:10 PM

right now my flow kicking like wow

so i eh care bout this blink shit again

#25 User is offline   trailblazer Icon

• PipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:35 AM

View Postmatt, on Nov 12 2007, 09:45 PM, said:

TSTT just sunk ship. I don't mind a cap, but 4GB per day. That's outrageous!

not too long ago, downloading 4GB a day was definitely outrageous.

TSTT is merely trying to protect their quality of service (QoS)
They probably do not have the bandwidth to spare as yet as they are trying to remain competitive with FLOW.
The result is that more restrictions need to be in place so that they can accommodate everyone in their lust for 'broad band' while remaining a viable solution
They also probably willfully decided on 4GB since it is less that a single layer dvd in order to try to curb piracy... who knows?

To most users, 4GB a day is reasonable. most Trinis are speed demons and would-be abusers.
They want as much as possible, as fast as possible.

Hey, I am in the same boat :)
but at least I also have an understanding of how a business is run and can see that TSTT is trying.
At least they tell you up front instead of silently degrading your service

#26 User is offline   deathwinger Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:57 AM

If TSTT treated its customers properly over the so many years of them being a monopoly then they would not have to worry about customers leaving them for 'better' stuff which to the outside world is actually the normal services they get. Now they want to go with this whole nationalism twist, 'stay with tstt to be a real trini', what? I have to be mediocre to be a real trini?

No, this solidifies it, Blink cannot compare to Flow. Blink is what TSTT could have given but needed to get ram with competition to even try. Flow FTW.

#27 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:25 PM

They also probably willfully decided on 4GB since it is less that a single layer dvd in order to try to curb piracy... who knows?

You could just pause and resume outside of the peak hours, so I doubt that would be a reason. They probably choose it cause it's a even number and close to DVD5 size though, who knows!

I can't remember the details of the TSTT contract, but I think they stated they don't give the customer any QoS to begin with. So even if we get bad service sometimes we can't really complain, at least when they had the market cornered. Of course now that Flow is offering higher bandwidth for lower prices TSTT literally can't affort to give their customers bad service. They even changed the contract so that when you break it you only have to pay the difference for what you used and not the remainder to the stipulated time period of the contract because they know people won't put up with a contract like that.[/quote]

#28 User is offline   Lithiyum Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:56 PM

View Posttrailblazer, on Nov 15 2007, 07:35 AM, said:

not too long ago, downloading 4GB a day was definitely outrageous.

They probably do not have the bandwidth to spare as yet as they are trying to remain competitive with FLOW.
The result is that more restrictions need to be in place so that they can accommodate everyone in their lust for 'broad band' while remaining a viable solution

To most users, 4GB a day is reasonable. most Trinis are speed demons and would-be abusers.
They want as much as possible, as fast as possible.

Hey, I am in the same boat :)
but at least I also have an understanding of how a business is run and can see that TSTT is trying.
At least they tell you up front instead of silently degrading your service

not too long ago, downloading 4GB a day was definitely outrageous. -- err i used to

TSTT is merely trying to protect their quality of service (QoS) --needs to be quality for qos

The result is that more restrictions need to be in place so that they can accommodate everyone in their lust for 'broad band' while remaining a viable solution -- may as well just give up and close up it's already higher prices for less speeds you forget 6mbit is same price as tstt 2mbit and limiting customers to

They want as much as possible, as fast as possible. -- on a 2mbit connection that like 5 hours max in a 24 hr day and most of the users i know are like me so i'll say 2mbit is not to just check mail, it's not for style it's for use

#29 User is offline   shivy Icon

• PipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:16 PM

The fact is most ISPs encounter problems where a small percentage of users create problems for other users by hogging bandwidth on the local network segment as well as the links to the internet. If you do a search on google for "fair use policy" you will see that many other ISPs do the same thing. This is generally a protection for the ISP which gives them the right to disconnect users who are abusing the service. This usually included excessive use of bandwidth, spamming and other unauthorized/unethical activity. Also, no network can ever provide the bandwidth that people desire, the fact is, like money, the more you have the more you usually want. But it is unfair that people who are trying to use the network for illicit purposes affecting users who are attempting to use it for work, research, and other legal purposes.

#30 User is offline   trailblazer Icon

• PipPip

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:29 PM

true that shivy
I am actually quite surprised that FLOW has not issues a fair use policy as well

not that I mind, but I know that people can get out of hand.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users