• +

Blink Upgrade Question

#31 User is offline   Who Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:17 AM

View Postadmin, on Nov 30 2007, 12:00 AM, said:

......Well, looks like my feedback to TSTT was helping and I am now on the 2Mbps package.....

Which department were you speaking to about the packages and how long were you on hold? I waited 17 minutes on hold for billing and gave up.

#32 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:54 AM

View PostWho, on Nov 30 2007, 08:17 AM, said:

Which department were you speaking to about the packages and how long were you on hold? I waited 17 minutes on hold for billing and gave up.

I think they call it the Executive Department ;-)

#33 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 11:57 AM

View PostLich King, on Nov 30 2007, 03:04 AM, said:

Sounds good to me. I did not know about p2p tv before. What channels can you get?

Quite a lot of channels from around the world ... I am mainly sticking to BBC World.
Here is more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P2PTV
The channels depend on the p2p application you pick.
But be aware ... Newest export from China: Pirated pay TV (September 2, 2005)

#34 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:22 PM

I downloaded TVU player which seems cool. I try to watch CBS but I guess my lil 256K not ready for the tv stations because it struggling to start but the radio stations playing ok. Interesting concept, I like it. In fact, once I could get CBS and ABC I real happy. The day I get fast internet I could cancel flow cable tv one time, lol.

#35 User is offline   Who Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:59 PM

Finally upgraded to 1Mbps but now P2P doesn't work and my line quality still sucks :angry:
speedtest.net results

Update: Called tech support and the firewall was apparently reactivated on their end in the process of the upgrade and that why P2P was not working.
Its really quite amazing not having to wait to speak to someone now that the support is outsourced.

#36 User is offline   dforge Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:50 AM

View Postadmin, on Nov 30 2007, 11:57 AM, said:

Quite a lot of channels from around the world ... I am mainly sticking to BBC World.
Here is more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P2PTV
The channels depend on the p2p application you pick.
But be aware ... Newest export from China: Pirated pay TV (September 2, 2005)

What do you use to get BBC World?

#37 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2007 - 02:18 PM

View Postdforge, on Dec 1 2007, 04:50 AM, said:

What do you use to get BBC World?

TVant seems to be working fine ...

#38 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:08 AM

View PostWho, on Nov 24 2007, 12:02 PM, said:

Ok thanks guys, I'll make sure to call TSTT before I let him in my house....or I'll keep a cutlass in hand :P . I 'm on dialup right now since it seems that I got upgraded and now my dsl doesn't work. When I check the router it says ADSL2 and line rate 2860Kbps but I noticed that my SNR dropped from an average of 12 to about 6 so that seems pretty bad. Also when i run the router diagnostic alot of stuff is failed and only authentication is pass. I also do not see any value in the default gateway box. Can someone post their WAN settings please. I'm gonna test it again and see if it works now.
I wonder if that was the same guy from TSTT who was hitting on me that time I called them... I am not joking about this btw. He was seriously asking me personal questions and offered to "pass and check me" when he in my area. I had posted this before but I don't know if it got deleted because people probably thought I was joking but this is a serious matter. I was scared because he knew my address and number and what not. I can't remember all the details now but it really happened and it was during the night shift because I had called around 8 or 9pm. I hope nobody else has to experience this kind of traumatizing phone conversation.

#39 User is offline   Swisha Icon

• Pip

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

got upgraded to 1Mbps today (princes town). i signed up for the 2Mbps though... :angry:

#40 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:57 PM

View PostSwisha, on Dec 2 2007, 06:10 PM, said:

got upgraded to 1Mbps today (princes town). i signed up for the 2Mbps though... :angry:
That problem aside, could you tell us your wan settings for princes town please? You are the first person I see from that area with blink. I read somewhere that princes town people are using PPPoE instead of PPPoA like the rest of us, is that true?

#41 User is offline   Swisha Icon

• Pip

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:59 PM

View PostLich King, on Dec 2 2007, 06:57 PM, said:

That problem aside, could you tell us your wan settings for princes town please? You are the first person I see from that area with blink. I read somewhere that princes town people are using PPPoE instead of PPPoA like the rest of us, is that true?

correct...PPPoE with encapsulation LLC/SNAP-BRIDGING

#42 User is offline   Who Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:05 AM

Swisha, are you having any problems with your connection? How far are you from the town center and what are your SNR and attenuation values?

The TSTT guy that was suppose to come to my house, got here today and all he came to do was switch my router if I had a Speedstream and to change the router config. Apparently these guys are contracted by TSTT to go to ppl house to solve dsl problems. I have a Paradyne and I already changed the settings to PPPoE so his visit was mostly a waste of time. I told him that I had gotten help on this forum and said he uses this forum also ;) The only other setting he changed was the authentication method to PAP from Auto but I was not having problems authenticating with it set on Auto. Also we discovered the strangest thing with the router. We decided to try the new router that he brought to rule out my router as the cause for the low SNR and high attenuation. My router is the paradyne I2 and the new one was the I3 which only outer difference was a port to plug in a phone. However when we switched to the I3 the status light refused to come on. Apparently my old I2 will sync even when the SNR is way below 10 but the newer I3 will not.
The guy said he had just come from another guys place in Princes Town which was less than a mile from the exchange and he was having similar problems with the connection dropping every so often. He put in a report for a line tech to check our lines but he couldn't say how soon the line problem would be resolved. He also went on to say that he also has problems of his own with his line at home for months so I'm not hopeful that my problem will be solved anytime soon.

#43 User is offline   Swisha Icon

• Pip

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:25 AM

View PostWho, on Dec 3 2007, 12:05 AM, said:

Swisha, are you having any problems with your connection? How far are you from the town center and what are your SNR and attenuation values?

The TSTT guy that was suppose to come to my house, got here today and all he came to do was switch my router if I had a Speedstream and to change the router config. Apparently these guys are contracted by TSTT to go to ppl house to solve dsl problems. I have a Paradyne and I already changed the settings to PPPoE so his visit was mostly a waste of time. I told him that I had gotten help on this forum and said he uses this forum also ;) The only other setting he changed was the authentication method to PAP from Auto but I was not having problems authenticating with it set on Auto. Also we discovered the strangest thing with the router. We decided to try the new router that he brought to rule out my router as the cause for the low SNR and high attenuation. My router is the paradyne I2 and the new one was the I3 which only outer difference was a port to plug in a phone. However when we switched to the I3 the status light refused to come on. Apparently my old I2 will sync even when the SNR is way below 10 but the newer I3 will not.
The guy said he had just come from another guys place in Princes Town which was less than a mile from the exchange and he was having similar problems with the connection dropping every so often. He put in a report for a line tech to check our lines but he couldn't say how soon the line problem would be resolved. He also went on to say that he also has problems of his own with his line at home for months so I'm not hopeful that my problem will be solved anytime soon.

a guy contracted by tstt came last week friday to switch my paradyne modem with the new one and the status light refused to come on as well. so he jus ended up changing the setting on the old one.

but today, my dsl went down and only tstt's website was loading so i switched with the new modem and i called him and told him the problem and he said to change my dns to 196.3.132.153

so when i did that, everything was in working order including the new modem. i live less than a mile from the exchange as well.

right now my stats are:

SNR Margin - 5.9 (down) 8.5 (up)
Attenuation - 60.0 (down) 36.9 (up)

havent been getting any problems since...

#44 User is offline   Who Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:28 PM

View PostSwisha, on Dec 3 2007, 12:25 AM, said:

a guy contracted by tstt came last week friday to switch my paradyne modem with the new one and the status light refused to come on as well. so he jus ended up changing the setting on the old one.

but today, my dsl went down and only tstt's website was loading so i switched with the new modem and i called him and told him the problem and he said to change my dns to 196.3.132.153

so when i did that, everything was in working order including the new modem. i live less than a mile from the exchange as well.

right now my stats are:

SNR Margin - 5.9 (down) 8.5 (up)
Attenuation - 60.0 (down) 36.9 (up)

havent been getting any problems since...

I gave up on using TSTT's dns servers and I use OpenDNS(208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220). I will try that 132.153 server to see if its any better than the 132.1 and 132.4. The guy left both routers with you?!! Damn it, I should have ask to keep the new one just in case. The change in the DNS didn't have anything to do with the new router working though...you probably just got lucky. Strange that you are over a mile closer to the exchange than I am and you are getting similar poor SNR and attenuation. I guess its pretty hopeless for me then. At least your SNR isn't fading over the course of a day to the point where the connection is dropping.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users