TSTT Forum: tweaking your speedstream 5200 - TSTT Forum

• (3 Pages)
  • +

tweaking your speedstream 5200

#31 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:40 PM

I think you misunderstood the question.
I have no problem accessing the box from the WWW, I have problems accessing it from the LAN.
All port forwards are already set and I already use static IPs. When I type in my external DNS name from inside my LAN, it either resolves to the router's configuration page or not at all.
This would have been fine if the pages displayed properly using the local IP (192.168.254.xxx) but it doesn't.
I've gotten around it using a public proxy to access my own box or simply working on it from remote but would be more manageable to be able to type my public DNS name and get webpages off it from inside my LAN.

This only started happening when I got DSL, it worked fine on dialup.

#32 User is offline   Terabyte Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

You can set up dynamic dns on your router to automatically update the ip address associated with your dynamic dns domain name. Not to sure if this helps, but here's a screen-shot from the modem config pages....
[IMG]http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/7632/screen15wh.jpg[/IMG]

#33 User is offline   Corbeaux Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Networking

Posted 02 September 2005 - 06:14 AM

neh... doesn't help. I already use no-ip to update and it works fine.

thx anyway

#34 Guest_Stephen_*

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:57 PM

Hey again,

I didn't realise that's what you meant. I have the same problem two, and all I do is if I want to access my webpage from inside the lan, all I do is type in the machine name or IP address instead of my URL. This is a bit annoying, but I am too lazy to come up with a better solution. Using a public proxy server is another fix.

Laterz,
Stephen.

#35 Guest_Guest_Corbeaux_*

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:08 AM

When I use the local address, the page doesn't display properly. I am using a CMS called Mambo. I have reports of something similar happening with other CMS software like Drupal.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users