• (2 Pages)
  • +

Digicel Trinidad

#1 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 July 2004 - 08:14 PM

Hey anyone know if they are here already and if so what their address is? Thanks!

#2 Guest_DigiHere_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 July 2004 - 01:01 AM

Try Valpark Shopping Plaza ...

They have arrrived ... They are under us ... They bring the future ...

#3 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:05 AM

Hey thanks for that info man, it was VERY useful... Muhahahaha

:ph34r:

#4 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:25 AM

*SNIFF SNIFF* :huh: Do you....*SNIFF SNIFF* :huh: Do you smell that?

<_< Smells like somthing died

:o Maybe it was TSTT
:D

#5 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:48 PM

My mom showed me this article on Digicel. :unsure:

The Telecommunications Authority has requested Tidco’s Vishnu Dhanpaul to make an “appropriate corrective” regarding a statement by one of its officials in Atlanta, Georgia, that Digicel is expected to be operating as a wireless carrier in T&T by next year.

Executive director Dr John Prince said Tuesday the Authority has written to Dhanpaul, Tidco’s acting president, regarding a November 18 article in Business Guardian headlined, “Digicel for T&T in 2005.”

The article reported Dixie Rampersad-Pfister, manager of investment and sector development at Tidco, as saying that a number of wireless applications were under consideration as part of T&T’s deregulation drive, and that Digicel was expected to be operating as a carrier by 2005.

Rampersad-Pfister was speaking at the Metro Atlanta Chamber two weeks ago as part of a four-day trade mission led by Minister Plenipotentiary Jerry Narace.

Prince’s letter to Tidco stated:

“The T&T Telecom Authority considers same statement misleading, irresponsible and speculatively reckless.

“The fact is that to date, no application for the service in question has been submitted to the Authority, neither has any promise to award a wireless, or any other category of telecommunication licence, been given to Digicel.

“The statement seems twisted in purpose, purveying that the issue of licence is still under consideration, nevertheless, Digicel is expected to get one.”

Prince said such a statement coming from a government organisation, was tempting to the less-informed reader to construe an apparent exposure of improprietory, both on the part of the Authority and Digicel.

“This is unfair as it is unfortunate. The indulgence of Tidco in appropriate corrective publication is expected.”

Whether Digicel will be selected as a domestic cellular provider, the stiff competition for a piece of the pie, and the contentious negotiations in West Indies cricket are all taking place against a backdrop of an extension of the Telecommunications Authority’s extension of the deadline for submission of the Request for Proposals (RFPs) to pre-qualify for a cellular licence.

The deadline has shifted from November 22 to 4 pm on December 17.

The weird thing is I called Digicel and they said they won't be hiring until next year and now I'm hearing they already hiring!?!?! :unsure:

What's the deal?

#6 User is offline   hidden Icon

• Pip

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:34 PM

They are here.
I know some of the people that are helping to setup their network
It is only a matter of time now, I was hearing as early as Jan 2005, but I really doubt that.
They have already started sponcering the WI team, now their name is getting out more in tnt.

#7 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:45 AM

hidden, on Dec 3 2004, 08:34 PM, said:

They have already started sponcering the WI team, now their name is getting out more in tnt.

Yeah someone told me that however someone also told me they don't have a license yet and then also someone else told me they are hiring staff already too!

Dat lady I spoke to told me they ain't hirning till next year :( I will get another number for them :ph34r:

#8 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:22 AM

Can anyone tell me where Digicel is now located? I called Valpark Shopping Plaza and they said they are no longer there. (That's if they were telling the truth :unsure: )

#9 Guest_ready to go digicel_*

Posted 15 December 2004 - 08:26 PM

sorry i get help with directions but they will be opening for business no later than february 2005.

but beware, i have reliable information all digicel cell sites are installed on tstt towers. and tstt employees will sabotage them if necessary (they already have a reputation for sabotage)

tstt dead so long and the corbeaux still refusing to eat the rotted flesh

#10 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 December 2004 - 08:13 AM

Yeah I was able to contact them again and they said no sooner than next year Feb!

all digicel cell sites are installed on tstt towers
??????? :unsure:

tstt employees will sabotage them if necessary
<_<

#11 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:19 AM

Two of my friends said they saw something regarding Digicel in the Express Newspapers in Feburary, I the business section I think... Did anyone see this and can shed some light as to what it was about?

Also does anyone know who the two companies are that will be operating in Trinidad? I know they said at the beginning of March they'd know who they were. :unsure:

#12 Guest_Trinidawg_*

Posted 14 March 2005 - 01:58 PM

If digicell's service is 10 times as bad as TSTT (and the entire public knows that's a very big ask)

and their products are twice as horrible

and their prices double on everything

I WILL STILL GO WITH DIGICELL - TSTT SUCKS!

#13 User is offline   importxpert Icon

• PipPip

Posted 16 March 2005 - 01:36 PM

I heard form a Digicel employee that they will be opening they business in mid june and their service will start some months later............Great Newz!!!!

#14 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:05 AM

importxpert, on Mar 16 2005, 01:36 PM, said:

I heard form a Digicel employee that they will be opening they business in mid june and their service will start some months later............Great Newz!!!!

*clearing throat*...psst yo bub come ere.......yeah you.... you gots a contact.......for am that Digicel employee.....SHHHHH!!! Don't talk so loud.....

Send a private message ;) :lol:

#15 User is offline   importxpert Icon

• PipPip

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:20 PM

There based in Maraval,,, I cannot say exactly where cause i might in trouble.And they are not OFICALLY hiring until they get their licence but if you know someone inside you maybe lucky to get a place. Once you are A+ / N+ they won't hesistate to take you

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users