TSTT Forum: DSL timeouts - TSTT Forum

• (3 Pages)
  • +

DSL timeouts everyone with dsl knows that ....

#16 Guest_Guest_blitz_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:16 PM

The same thing happened to me when i complained about the service and they did some "work" on my line, I was out without a dial tone for two weeks. They said its beyond their control. They were repairing a piece of cable that was damaged. So I asked the representative and she told me to use dial up instead and that she doesnt know when the problem will be fixed.

#17 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:02 AM

The sad thing is that another company (say in the US) would have sent out someone to check on the problem. I mean if they found a problem at one exchange, you'd think someone would have the common sense to go and fix it at the other ones too.

But no they waiting until someone complains and to take a year and a half to go and fix it. They say they are improving customer service???

RIGHT :rolleyes:

#18 User is offline   Nightwolf Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:21 PM

I have a problem ever so often my dsl connection drops and when I check the system log I see the following
1963-02-20 04:54:51 E M |PPP |Max echo misses

1963-02-20 04:54:51 E I |PPP |LCP down

1963-02-20 04:54:51 E I |PPP |IPCP down

Using Speedstream 5200

#19 User is offline   Nightwolf Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:45 PM

Well did some re wiring of the phone system everything seems to be working fine...............for the while. *sigh

If anyone wants to know this is what I did

I have two phone outlets with filters on each but they were play the A$$
So I did the following

O-----------Fil[]ter-----------------------------o1st phone out.-------o2nd outlet conn. to 1st
^________ -----------line to dsl modem
grey
box outside house

Essentially I separated the voice and data stream before any phone connection.

#20 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:29 PM

I called TSTT AGAIN today regarding the drop outs and kinda had to deal with a guy who sounded new <_< . He told me that he can't report the problem and have someone check it out, unless a good few people complain about it!!!

See this is why I hate Trinidad for, had this been the US they would have sent someone out to fix it in no time. :angry: What I don't understand I have to find out how.....is my friend from La Romain called them and they went to the exchange and fixed the problem.

Ya'll I guess I would need everyone who reads this and is having this problem to call TSTT and let them know so they can do something about it. Tell them the guy from Marabella who called about the problem, recommended they call :unsure:

#21 Guest_Guest_blitz_*

Post icon  Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:44 PM

yo people, im currently an adsl user I experience these "time outs" on a numerous basis. If is complaints TSTT want well we just bombard :ph34r: them with it. This forum is an excellent place to organise.
Also, i believe that this forum needs some more activity by way of some new members, really its the same ole folks babbling on an on. We need to spread the word about tsttproblems.com.

Keep me posted ya'll
;)

#22 User is offline   Nightwolf Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:48 AM

My experiment has failed stinking mudderz A$$ tstt, I e-mailed they called at 8pm strangely enough ;) said they would send someone and that was since monday. Dial up was slow but reliable. *sigh

#23 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 28 October 2004 - 10:28 AM

DOE E-MAIL DEM.....CALL DEM!!!

Let's all join together and call TSTT to complain about this problem. We payin good money for this service man, can they can't send someone out to check on it for us.. WHAT DE HELL! :angry:

#24 User is offline   Nightwolf Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:39 PM

I called this evening told them the problem yet again, they made me tell them the same thing again firmware number, the snr number and the frequence of my disconnections. I'm fed up yes <_<

#25 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 02 November 2004 - 12:54 AM

TSTT called me lastnight regarding the ADSL drop outs!!! :blink: They said they'll send someone to check out the problem....

Hope they can fix the problem :unsure: that would soo be cool!

#26 Guest_Guest_Nightwolf_*

Posted 02 November 2004 - 12:10 PM

Still waiting on a technician to come :angry:

#27 User is offline   R45 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 06:43 AM

South Man, on Nov 2 2004, 12:54 AM, said:

Hope they can fix the problem :unsure: that would soo be cool!

Been there, done that. They came and didn't fix anything for me.

#28 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:29 AM

R45, on Nov 5 2004, 06:43 AM, said:

South Man, on Nov 2 2004, 12:54 AM, said:

Hope they can fix the problem  :unsure:  that would soo be cool!

Been there, done that. They came and didn't fix anything for me.

Sigh.....that's a sad sad thing when the same people who offering the service can't fix or even identify the problem <_< I'm still waiting on them to pass but I wondering if it make sense now.

I also wondering if no one came across this problem when ADSL was in the testing stages :angry:

#29 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 07 November 2004 - 10:15 PM

Well what do you know.....a service representative from TSTT came by TODAY....SUNDAY :blink:

I was like, since when does TSTT send someone on a Sunday!?!?! Well anyways the guy that came said the firmware update I have, he's not familiar with it and that it's missing the "WAN" settings. He told me he'd have them check my line from the exchange up to my house. If the line isn't the problem then he'd do a tap off the exchange and see if the connection still drops. He said he might also change the modem however I told him people said they've changed the modem and still experience the same problem. :unsure:

Thumbs up to TSTT for sending someone this soon and even on a Sunday, let's see if they can fix the problem for me as well as everyone else. :)

#30 User is offline   nyro Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 November 2004 - 06:06 PM

My problem is that every time i get a phone call my connection is dropped and i have to reboot my modem in order to get back on. Why is this happening when TSTT advertised that you can make/recieve call whil online??? :angry:

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users