TSTT Forum: DSL timeouts - TSTT Forum

• (3 Pages)
  • +

DSL timeouts everyone with dsl knows that ....

#31 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:58 PM

nyro, on Nov 8 2004, 06:06 PM, said:

Why is this happening when TSTT advertised that you can make/recieve call whil online??? :angry:

Because it usually works fine. Never heard about your problem before. Maybe the POTS splitter not working ?

#32 User is offline   Wolfie Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:13 PM

it would seem that they've fixed the timeout problem. I have not expierenced it since they took down the entire dsl network this morning.

#33 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:30 PM

It did it to me :(

#34 User is offline   Wolfie Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:32 PM

yep nm it's still happening. For about 5 hours it was fine lol

oh well back to the drawing board :angry:

#35 User is offline   Nightwolf Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2004 - 12:44 AM

same old same old

#36 User is offline   R45 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:40 PM

TSTT now ignores my emails, I guess I'm stuck with an inconsistent ADSL connection :(

Speaking to the TSTT guy from their Corporate office who came and tested my connection last time (and who inadvertently crossed the wires in my phone box after finishing testing..) ... apparently this whole ADSL system is being run on a trial and error basis. From what he said, all the problems they've had so far have been tackled by guessing (Like when they never throttled the connections, it was because they couldn't figure out how to throttle it properly). If this is true, someone would think they would hire experienced staff to atleast train existing staff and get the system up and running flawlessly. Hell C&W has solid ADSL service up the islands (Cheaper as well), I would hope that what the guy told me really isn't the case.

T&T is stuck in the 20th century when it comes to internet access. It's a shame, but I guess TSTT wouldn't really be Trini if we don't [insert-word-here] it up (As with our roads, football team, airports, etc. <_< ). Maybe someday there would be viable competition. From what I understand, this will only happen when TSTT no longer has the sole rights to the America's II submarine cable which feeds T&T with its fibre. Government hasn't even begun discussing the notion so it doesn't seem to be anytime soon.

#37 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2004 - 09:52 PM

Hmmm I have had MSN on "Appear Offline" for most of the afternoon and it hasn't bumped out thus far.....interesting.....

Hope it has finally stopped. :unsure:

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users