TSTT Forum: Linksys WRT150N wireless dd-wrt router for sale. - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Linksys WRT150N wireless dd-wrt router for sale. Comes modded with latest DD-WRT firmware.

#1 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

Linksys WRT150N wireless router for sale. Price: $500TT

Negotiable depending on how fast you willing to come for it. First come first serve and by that I mean whoever shows up by my gate first gets the sale. It is wireless N capable so it is future proof technology. Of course dd-wrt is maintained by the authors and a new build is available every few weeks so rest assured when the final 802.11N standard is out the firmware will bring it up to the latest, unlike stock firmware which is poorly coded and maintained.

I will only talk about how I mod the router with DD-WRT firmware and it works much better now. One thing that surprised me was how much cooler it runs on dd-wrt than on the stock firmware. On stock it was very hot and after I loaded up dd-wrt, in a few hours time it cooled down and the unit is only slightly warm when running. So that should spare you the trouble of having to mod your router on your own and possibly killing it, this one works perfectly. I won't quote any specs because you can find that on the internet but I will entertain specific questions that may not have been covered in the online documentation.

Reason for selling is simply that I want to upgrade to the WRT350N because it has a USB port and I can use that to host my web server or network attached storage device. The only reason I didn't buy the WRT350N in the first place is because the latest version (v2.0/v2.1) of it is not yet compatible with dd-wrt firmware so I had to track down a WRT350N v1.0.

It is a great performing router, PM if you interested, we will work out something.
Thanks.

Just want to elaborate some features.

QoS is working on dd-wrt firmware so if you use torrents you can be assured that once you set up your QoS rules properly then your web pages and voip or gaming can have higher priority and you will not experience the classic web page not loading errors on regular networks without QoS.

Wireless Transmit power can be controlled. 10mW of power covers my entire house with good signal, the default is 70mW but then you would be sending your wifi signal to your neighbours too. Stock firmware cannot change the Tx power so by default your wifi signal is being broadcast to your neighbours. Set the power to a good enough value to offer you good signal where you need it. Too high Tx power results in heat and power wastage. Another reason why dd-wrt is the preferred firmware.

Latest versions of DD-WRT uses TCP_Vegas congestion control algorithm by default so you can expect superior routing performance even with heavy p2p traffic.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users