TSTT Forum: US Cable TV in Trinidad - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

US Cable TV in Trinidad

#1 User is offline   guidostjo Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:41 AM

Yes guys the headline is right. I now have comcast digital cable in my apartment here in Trinidad. This is possible using these boxes.

Slingbox

I am getting a feed off of one of my dad's cable boxes from Florida and i'm using the sling catcher to watch the video and project it on my TV. I have a 6mbit connection on this end and there is also a 6mbit connection on my dad's side with 1 mb upload. It is fully fuctional and i have total control of the cable box in Miami. I would have gotten Dish Network but his apartment does not have a view of the southern sky in Florida. The best thing is NO MORE SPANISH CRAP!!

I get a pretty decent picture and surround sound on my 40" lcd.

Seems like alot of trouble but I like to watch tv and finally have some decent cable tv with on demand so i can watch what i want when i want it. No more trying to download HBO series and stuff of the like.

If you need more info feel free to PM me.

#2 User is offline   PikachuMan Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

Just wanted to say this works the other way too. Right now I can watch TV6, CNMG, WinTV, Synergy, NCC, Gayelle, etc streaming from my Flow connection back in Trinidad. The 6/1 package works great for that.

The only thing iffy is the Mac software. It works, sure, but you can't rewind/pause like you can with the new version of the Windows software. Plus there are some delays in the controls (it takes a while between a button press and it 'registering' on screen).

#3 User is offline   unimatrix001 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:10 AM

i just wana kno how exactly u'll get this to work with the de-scrambler box in trinidad (if it is to take trinidad cable and send to US)

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users