TSTT Forum: TSTT Double Speed - TSTT Forum

• (5 Pages)
  • +

TSTT Double Speed ... for all residential customers

#31 User is offline   cmad2001 Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:56 AM

Ok people, it's now 1:49am and I FINALLY got my increase ! I'm getting 263.50kbps down !!! :D and a 32.9k KB/sec download speed !! who-hooo !!! :D . As I mentioned before, I live in Diego Martin, Diamond Vale to be exact, so anyone else in this area may have gotten their increase by now as well. I dont know why it took so long, or how they are implementing it but it's finally working. Have patience guys, it will come. B)

#32 User is offline   aka Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:03 AM

Don't worry why it took so long but at St. Augustine it is still 128. We should learn by now what TSTT say the will do and what they actually do are never the same things. I give them a 7 out of 10 for PR (they had some of us fooled) and 3 out of 10 for performance.

Not to worry, I am sure we will be getting a letter of apology from TSTT making excuses for this latest fiasco.

#33 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:15 AM

cmad2001, on Jan 20 2005, 01:56 AM, said:

Ok people, it's now 1:49am and I FINALLY got my increase ! I'm getting 263.50kbps down !!! :D and a 32.9k KB/sec download speed !! who-hooo !!! :D . As I mentioned before, I live in Diego Martin, Diamond Vale to be exact, so anyone else in this area may have gotten their increase by now as well. I dont know why it took so long, or how they are implementing it but it's finally working. Have patience guys, it will come. B)

Hmmm I guess south people have to sit and scratch while other areas get it before us..... <_<

if you say the 19th, give it to us the 19th :angry:

#34 User is offline   Kash Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2005 - 08:47 AM

South Man, on Jan 20 2005, 08:15 AM, said:

Hmmm I guess south people have to sit and scratch while other areas get it before us..... <_<

Most companies tend to cater to south people last :angry:

Which means we may not see an increase until next week if were lucky. :(

#35 User is offline   nyro Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:09 AM

I live in San Juan and i started getting mine before they even sent out that email

#36 Guest_Guest_joe_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:39 AM

Im from the St. Augustine exchange. My speed changed since the announced planned upgrade on Thurs. nite

#37 Guest_Guest_atarat_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:10 AM

I just got my speed increase--but only after calling a contact at TSTT to pull a few strings. It's appalling that I'd have to resort to this when TSTT announced that speeds were to be increased on JANUARY 19 (which, as I said in my previous post, should have meant at least by 8AM on that day).

Maybe you folks are getting your service for free, but I pay dearly for it, and I suggest that people stop talking about being "patient", saying that's "how things are", "I got mine--funny how you didn't" etc, and DEMAND better service from TSTT by BOMBARDING THEM WITH SERVICE CALLS.

Wear out their tech support personnel so that they in turn all fall ill or complain of overwork (though, brinng Trinis, they'll probably only complain to each other, not to the people who can really do anythign about it).

Then the higher-ups might realise that WE REALISE we DESERVE EXCELLENT SERVICE. Because sometimes I don't think we do.

#38 User is offline   Kash Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:14 PM

Guest_atarat, on Jan 20 2005, 11:10 AM, said:

I just got my speed increase--but only after calling a contact at TSTT to pull a few strings. It's appalling that I'd have to resort to this when TSTT announced that speeds were to be increased on JANUARY 19 (which, as I said in my previous post, should have meant at least by 8AM on that day).

Maybe you folks are getting your service for free, but I pay dearly for it, and I suggest that people stop talking about being "patient", saying that's "how things are", "I got mine--funny how you didn't" etc, and DEMAND better service from TSTT by BOMBARDING THEM WITH SERVICE CALLS.

Wear out their tech support personnel so that they in turn all fall ill or complain of overwork (though, brinng Trinis, they'll probably only complain to each other, not to the people who can really do anythign about it).

Then the higher-ups might realise that WE REALISE we DESERVE EXCELLENT SERVICE. Because sometimes I don't think we do.

I agree with you but you could never get thru to their tech support people. I've been on the line for almost 20mins this morning to try and find out what going on with the speed increase but to no avail no one answers.

#39 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:24 PM

Well I just spoke with a CSR and they said they started with the upgrades on Monday, so we'll **eventually** get it... :rolleyes:

Had I read atarat's post before I would had a few more things to say to that CSR :angry:

I mean come on why say the 19th and it not actually be the 19th?!?!?!?! I am glad to hear that they started on it before (so they say) but don't give a definate date and then don't live up to it for ALL customers!

Ok now I HOT I feeling to call dem back and buff up somebody :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

#40 User is offline   cmad2001 Icon

• PipPip

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:24 PM

Admin, any comments ? we havent heard from you. Did you get your increase as promised ? :unsure:

#41 User is offline   aka Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:02 PM

The CSR at TSTT just told me that it will take about three days to complete the exercise so by tomorrow at noon all customers should be at 256. If you are not upgraded by then they will have to check your service seperately.

Yet again TSTT has managed not to deliver a promise. Incompetence seems to be the corporate policy at TSTT so no changes for the new year or by the new CEO.

#42 User is offline   R45 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:15 PM

Diego Martin here and I got it on the 20th. Granted we should atleast be on 512 down but ah well, step by step.

For some, you may have to reconnect to get the speed change.

#43 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:21 AM

Goodness, now I understand why TSTT never send out any announcements via email before. As much as I understand that it might not have been the smartest thing to announce an exact date for the rollout of the 'Doublespeed Plan', it was a nice way in the right direction to inform customers about new services/upgrades. As a TSTT customer I got used to simply get surprised by either new features or new restrictions. After having DSL for some time now, I am actually able to wait a few more hours or even another day or two to get twice as much speed as I had before (Yes, I am at full speed now).
Bombarding TSTT with unnecessary phonecalls will not help to make the service easier reachable. I usually call them when I have a problem, but not when a service is not delivered the minute it is announced.
I still would like to see some improvement in the GSM coverage/availability, which is still
totally unacceptable.

If I compare the Internet speed increase over the past 7 years or so in T&T ... from 33,6 to wouldbe 56kbps, and since June 2003 DSL with 128 and up ... we have come a long way. As much as I understand that in other countries they are much further for a fraction of the cost. Anywho, currently I cannot really complain about the TSTT ADSL service at all. I just hope that the quality will remain the same, as I am very happy right now.

What about the speed increase for the Business 1 package? Punishment for SME's?

Cheers!

#44 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:53 AM

Like I said before, a game of patience! <_< :rolleyes:

#45 User is offline   adilas Icon

• PipPip

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:03 AM

I'm a DSL subscriber from the Diego area and I also got a speed increase....but to 220.80kbps max. The speed increase became effictive sometime late Thur afternoon here in Diego I guess. However, each and every time I run the TSTT Bandwidth test, it always reports a reading between 218kbps and 220.8kbps, never higher. Previously, my SpeedStream reported my ATM line max at 192000 and I got a 160-164K reading. Now that my ATM line cap has been increased to 256000, I get a 120K rate. Other people who have achieved the full 256K upgrade, what is your ATM line cap?

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users