TSTT Forum: Help setting up a webcast - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Help setting up a webcast

#1 User is offline   kornbyrd Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

Hi all,

My company is looking to setup a live webcast of one of their upcoming ceremonies. They want an in-house solution.

Is there any third - party software in particular that you would recommend that can work with Flow and Blink.

I saw an interesting piece of softwate at http://www.nchsoftwa...dcam/index.html that looks simple enough.

I'm particularly looking at a solution that will allow about 100 - 2000 viewers to be able to simultaneously view the webcast.

Thanks in advance,
K.

#2 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

View Postkornbyrd, on 16 March 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

Hi all,

My company is looking to setup a live webcast of one of their upcoming ceremonies. They want an in-house solution.

Is there any third - party software in particular that you would recommend that can work with Flow and Blink.

I saw an interesting piece of softwate at http://www.nchsoftwa...dcam/index.html that looks simple enough.

I'm particularly looking at a solution that will allow about 100 - 2000 viewers to be able to simultaneously view the webcast.

Thanks in advance,
K.

Well, I did this a few years ago. The main thing here is that you cannot directly feed 100 or more viewers via your Internet connection. You need to get (rent) a streaming server with sufficient bandwidth and traffic volume and establish a single stream to the external (US) server. People are then redirected to that server and can view the stream. As for the software on your computer, you can simply use VLC to stream from the camera to the site. The software should deliver a sufficient video quality when using our 'slow' upstream connections.
Or buy some software if you insist. IF you are using Blink, remember that the upstream is usually limited to 512k (never got 768).

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users