TSTT Forum: Flow Servers Blacklisted - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flow Servers Blacklisted Not possible to send out Mails anymore!

#1 User is offline   Sasa Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

Hi!

I guess I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, when sending out mails via SMTP, no matter to which address and from which account:
Message has not been sent. Server reply - 5.7.1 This email has been rejected. The email message was detected as spam.
Webmail (e.g. Gmail web interface) still works.

I contacted my E-Mail provider and they told me that it is a message from the recipient's server rejecting the mail most likely because my IP is blacklisted somewhere. I checked and found out that due to Flow's disability to take measurements against local spammers, ALL customers using flow servers have been blacklisted as spammers at one of the mayor blacklists.
Here's the e-mail I sent to Flow:

I'm lately having problems sending out e-mails because ALL
Flow IPs are on a blacklist due to high spam rates from your
servers. Can you please check the problem and solve it? More
information can be found here:
http://www.uceprotect.net/

Go to "Test and remove listings" and use your or my IP
(x.x.x.x) and click "start testing".

It will show you that ALL Flow IPs have been blocked at the highest
level and only YOU as the ISP can solve that problem (it also tells
you how to do this).

Please let me know if you will do something about this, if I don't
hear anything from you, I'll contact the telecommunication authority.

Interesting what that site tells me:

As you should know now: It is not you, it is your complete provider which got UCEPROTECT-Level 3 listed.
Your IP 190.213.76.222 was NOT part of a spamrun, but you are the one that has freely chosen your provider.
By tolerating or ignoring that your provider doesn't care about spammers you are indirectly also supporting the global spam with your money.
Seen from this point of view, you really shouldn't wonder about the consequences.

Therefore we recommend:
Please send a compliant to your provider and request them to fix this problem immediatly.
Think about this: You pay them for, that you can use the Internet without problems.

If they are ignoring your complaint or claiming they can't do anything, you should consider to change your provider.
There are currently about 105,000 providers worldwide, but only a few hundred make it to get listed into UCEPROTECT-Level 3.

#2 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

Since you mentioned the uceprotect site, Flow is not alone ... TSTT is actually leading in the list of local ISPs. TSTT with almost 3 times the amount of IP addresses than flow, has over 7 times more spammers within the last 7 days than flow. TSTT, just like flow is also UCEPROTECT-Level3 listed.

One of my clients (on flow) got for the past few days always the following message:

554 5.7.1 Message refused by DeepHeader check. This email has been rejected. The email message was detected as spam.

I used Outlook Express as a test and I was able to send emails. Just Outlook 2007 rejected every single mail. I presume the Outlook 'foot print has something to do with this.
After using a different server with SMTP authentication I was again able to send mails.

Update:
Did some further testing and found that by using an alternative port e.g. 587 instead of 25, the mail will be delivered without errors. The mail server of course would need to support an alternative port.

#3 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:26 AM

I stopped relying on the ISP for these services. I recommend using Google hosted mail for all your commercial email. I optionally enabled SPF on all servers I use. All my emails are delivered without a problem now. Sign up using http://google.com/a

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users