TSTT Forum: TSTT IPS BANNED BY LARGE NETWORKS - TSTT Forum

• (2 Pages)
  • +

TSTT IPS BANNED BY LARGE NETWORKS we have been banned...

#16 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:58 PM

Wolfie, on Aug 10 2005, 11:04 PM, said:

An ISP can throttle DDOS attacks by isolating port bandwidth throughputs and then filtering such traffic. It does not require huge resources but it does require skilled ones. We do this sort of monitoring in corporate environments everyday.

Which ISP does that? Certainly not any in the region, and very few in the US. In a corporate network, I've been able to set up only inbound DDoS protection for a service by setting a baseline, and using QoS. However outbound DDoS protection from my network to the internet is not done. Do you create rules on your fw to limit the amount of pings a user can send to yahoo.com. I don't, and i don't expect the ISP to as well.

For the record, I believe in speaking the truth and properly informing the people of the causes of problems that affect them. I do not condone anyone - such as your self - laying blame on a problem that's not totally the ISPs or any one elses problem

People should take responsibility for their actions, and it's obvious you hold some personal grudge on TSTT, for something they did in the past, who doesn't;

It's general knowledge that TSTT runs Checkpoint, and also that they have vulnerabilities, however that's besides the point, yuh movin' like a political party, only smoke and mirrors, trying to me me out as an "employee", to cover yuhself :D

#17 User is offline   Wolfie Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:21 AM

In Windows, Linux and Cisco, there are tools to monitor port traffic flow. You can also setup a firewall to throttle multiple outbound connections to one host, it is not that hard to do. For monitoring bandwidth and ports, check out a program called MRTG, which uses SNMP to graph almost anything you want.

In this instance i am of the opinion that the ISP is all to blame. I know those spam worms did not cause that block i mentioned. I know the targets for most popular worms, all Internet security people do. What got me really annoyed is the fact that they never attempted to lift the block, they waited until someone complained, which is just lazy and lame.

Yes i do have a grudge with TSTT and most other local compaines. They display a lack service quality which is common in most third world countries. I am just trying to raise the bar for all of us to enjoy better service.

I can't possibly begin to show anyone the stuff i have on them. It will have to remain smoke and mirrors as for what i've seen. I'm not letting that out but i can tell you that everything isn't what it seems with TSTT. Be very careful of their employees, management does not know what they're up to and sometimes management itself is up to no good. That's all i can and will say. Will keep things strictly technical from now on :D

Take it ez man.

#18 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:58 PM

TSTT IP addresses used by DSL and Dialup services have been banned globally on large networks such as cj.com, bfast.com, fastclick.com, overture.com and MANY others. When i investigated, these companies stated that they were recieving denial of service attacks from our ip addresses, probably by worms or other DDOS agents.

does anybody even care ?? said adresses have been the source of all kinds of evil
in the past and should be blocked.

#19 User is offline   Wolfie Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:48 PM

StarCon, on Sep 7 2005, 05:58 PM, said:

TSTT IP addresses used by DSL and Dialup services have been banned globally on large networks such as cj.com, bfast.com, fastclick.com, overture.com and MANY others. When i investigated, these companies stated that they were recieving denial of service attacks from our ip addresses, probably by worms or other DDOS agents.

does anybody even care ?? said adresses have been the source of all kinds of evil
in the past and should be blocked.

Ok guy. I can see you're not into ecommerce or remotely aware of what these networks carry. There is nothing harmful on them, they are large multi million dollar companies that comply with United States online spam laws but that's not even the point.

If you think that it is right to block certain websites on a pay for ISP, then i'm very sorry for you. Putting your freedom to choose in the hands of a corporation is dangerous at best.

This thread is too drawn out now. I shall not reply again, as the matter has been resolved.

#20 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:33 PM

Ok guy. I can see you're not into ecommerce or remotely aware of what these networks carry. There is nothing harmful on them, they are large multi million dollar companies that comply with United States online spam laws but that's not even the point.

If you think that it is right to block certain websites on a pay for ISP, then i'm very sorry for you. Putting your freedom to choose in the hands of a corporation is dangerous at best.

This thread is too drawn out now. I shall not reply again, as the matter has been resolved.

I think that I have a pretty good grasp on things, having worked for advertising companies for the past decade or so.
All I can say is that there are by far less intrusive ways to generate ad revenue - one being amazon's affiliate program or even those neat google links.
I am sick and tired of ad laden pages and crappy flash overlays - that's why I deemed it necessary to block content from said companies. While most of the content might be legit and cool for many users, the fact remains that those companies have a bad rep eg. tracing customer behavior or spyware installation.

There is nothing harmful on them, they are large multi million dollar companies that comply with United States online spam laws but that's not even the point.

I am no us-law expert, but my understanding is that us spam laws are state business.
you have the can-spam act, yeah - but spam is not the point anyway - it's adware that I am concerned about.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users