• +
  • Last »

ADSL Down .. since 10:46

#16 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:22 AM

And ADSL went down again at 11:12am ... I tried the connect/disconnect trick again, but I only get the ADSL connection up, but no IP. I presume this is the same for everybody in Trinidad & Tobago.
I can ping the main ADSL box at TSTT 209.94.205.25 from my dialup, but that is about all.
Some time ago TSTT had the courtesy annoucing downtime in the middle of the night. But at day time you never have a clue what's going on when the net is going down.

#17 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:24 AM

And oops, here we are up again. Downtime 12 minutes and I can start again re-establishing all my broken sessions.

#18 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:29 AM

It actually went down before that so I think the down time was longer.

#19 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 September 2005 - 11:30 AM

DSL seems to go down for a few minutes every few days....likely most ppl won't notice tho. Good old tstt and the unbeatable network.

#20 User is offline   Nightwolf Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:19 PM

I wouldn't mind if DSL went down with purpose, like when it comes back up I get 512 or something.

#21 User is offline   Terabyte Icon

• PipPip

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:51 PM

^^^Bearing that in mind, it's an abomination to refer to TSTT's ADSL as "High Speed"....Would the persons responsible for this forum make the necessary adjustments to the forum names....."High Speed ADSL" should just be "ADSL" :D :D

#22 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:57 PM

Terabyte, on Sep 15 2005, 09:51 PM, said:

^^^Bearing that in mind, it's an abomination to refer to TSTT's ADSL as "High Speed"....Would the persons responsible for this forum make the necessary adjustments to the forum names....."High Speed ADSL" should just be "ADSL" :D :D

You might not have realised that the discussion board naming is a reflection of TSTT's website and they state 'High Speed Access'.
Anyhow, Speed is relative ... If you wouldn't know that other countries offer 'higher speed' access, you wouldn't say anything.

Instead of critizing the residential packages, I would rather complain about the business entry level ADSL (TSTT's HSIA = High Speed Internet Access). Nothing has changed there and you still get only 128k for $1000+VAT and 256k for $1555+VAT ... $1,155 more than the residential package! This seem to keep the business sector in the dark ages of slow dialup as dialup does not make a differentiation between residential and business and unlimited access is available for $300+VAT.

#23 User is offline   R45 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2005 - 07:46 AM

admin, on Sep 15 2005, 10:57 PM, said:

You might not have realised that the discussion board naming is a reflection of TSTT's website and they state 'High Speed Access'.
Anyhow, Speed is relative ... If you wouldn't know that other countries offer 'higher speed' access, you wouldn't say anything.

Instead of critizing the residential packages, I would rather complain about the business entry level ADSL (TSTT's HSIA = High Speed Internet Access). Nothing has changed there and you still get only 128k for $1000+VAT and 256k for $1555+VAT ... $1,155 more than the residential package! This seem to keep the business sector in the dark ages of slow dialup as dialup does not make a differentiation between residential and business and unlimited access is available for $300+VAT.

Completely agree. The Business ADSL price is ridiculous and is seriously keeping back businesses in T&T. To boot, business customers don't enjoy any additional stability over residential customers, we endure office hour outages far too often. I really don't like the whole concept of different rates for home/business users.

#24 Guest_Guest_Corbeaux_*

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:37 AM

DNS went down again for a few mins today, back up now.

#25 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:14 PM

No it didn't. I've been here working and doing some heavy downloads since 6:00 this morning un-interrupted. You better check your PC.

#26 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:33 AM

Well ADSL went down again this morning but it seems as if it was not only ADSL cause someone I know on dial-up couldn't get through or connect to anything either. it was from about 1:40 to 2:15am

#27 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:36 AM

South Man got the same problem here in St. Anns I guess it was another hickup. Seems to be happening more frequently these days :s

Tstt and the Unbeatable network.

Admin please sticky this thread so that we can all report on the frequency of the ADSL disconnections, at least we'll be able to see if there is a pattern...

#28 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:41 AM

Well, as I mentioned in my detailed report ... not only ADSL went down for an hour, but the whole TSTT Internet service ... with the exception of the TSTT website ... a true Trini-LAN.

TSTT Internet access down

#29 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:01 AM

IT would seem there was a problem with their international links. That would explain the downtime this morning.

#30 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:16 PM

And exactly 12 hours after the last one hour downtime, ADSL went down again. I lost all my connections at 12:29pm. This time I had to drop the ADSL connection and re-connect again (hope that will not cause any re-connection fees ) ; ).

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users