ADSL Crawling

#31 Guest_Guest_guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:32 PM

cnn blocks pings!!!! please do your research before making insinuations

#32 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:07 PM

You can't ping cnn.com, they don't allow it. As a matter of fact, a lot of people do. It's a way to prevent ping floods and DDOS attacks on your network. Ping was originally a tool to test whether a host is alive and reachable on a network but is not so good to use anymore. User traceroute instead. At least if the trace times out you can (almost) tell where the problem is or whether you're routing properly.

#33 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 September 2005 - 01:55 AM

makes sense if you think about it.. sigh
cnn was kinda the first us site that came to mind.

... did some changes to the original post, results are just as bad.

#34 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:39 PM

Anyone else havin problems browsing and using emule/BT at the same time? Never had this problem before the monday maintenance.

#35 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:41 PM

Is it just me or is the internet working really sh*tty for the past few days???? Geez I can't download anything good :angry:

#36 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:50 PM

Tstt so unreliable, some people say they gettin decent service and others gettin crap lol.

#37 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:38 PM

my browsing has been gaying up, but downloads working good.

#38 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:31 AM

It looks like people who are doing filesharing while trying to browse are the ones that are having problems.

#39 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:31 PM

Lol yeah but only some people have the problem not all :P

#40 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:09 PM

=)

I understand the problem p2p poses for ISP's - p2p maximises bandwidth usage and basically ruins any isp's calculations. Their plan for the unlimited package user is to browse the web a bit and read email - preferably less than 8 h a day.

I've heard of ppl who were paying like 40 us
for a 3 mbit account that generated 30gb/d of p2p traffic

for those connections I can understand that actions need to be taken to reduce usage - you cannot prevent p2p, but you can try to steer it sensibly - and this is where tstt fails miserably.

tstt doesn't (can't ?) offer those high speed connections and the 74 bucks (us) we pay for the most basic package is ridiculously high to begin with.
even a 24/7 usage of the connection should turn in a solid profit for tstt.

the crap is that tstt isn't communicating the changes to 'powerusers' (what's wrong with using the connection properly?) like me.
At the very least I expect them to tell me: " Listen dude, you cost us too frickin' much - we will have to throttle your connection back to isdn speeds."

No - they do a 'service upgrade' that ***** up proper internet usage for many ppl.

tstt does what it does best atm - offering slow lackluster packages at premium prices,
- some customers - fooled by tstt's very own ads - happen to use those packages properly and are getting punished for using their *HSIA* access "the way it was meant to be used".

damn you tstt

:angry:

#41 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:53 PM

Oh other people having a problem doing p2p and surfing the net at the same time? Hehe thought it was just me :P

#42 User is offline   Nightwolf Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:26 PM

But you have to be kind of retarded to complain about speed when using p2p and browsing simultaneously. It's only common sense, If you want a decent surfing speed then limit the p2p programs bandwith use.

#43 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:04 PM

But you have to be kind of retarded to complain about speed when using p2p and browsing simultaneously. It's only common sense, If you want a decent surfing speed then limit the p2p programs bandwith use.

how is it retarded ? it was working fine after all. As you might know, you can limit bw usage in most p2p progs so you have reserves for surfing, im, irc whatever.

These days, you fire up your program of choice and even if you have no downloads going and throttle back upload to 1kb you will not be able to surf properly.

#44 User is offline   Nightwolf Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:14 AM

Well partner your dsl has issues. If u need help getting tstt to check your line or something pm me.

#45 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:34 AM

thx for your offer, but I doubt it makes any sense..
as it is obvious what tstt is trying to do.

dsl was running fine for the last couple months and continues to do so w/o any p2p soft running.

the fact that other users have reported similar problems in different locations and with the same programs should ring a bell. not to mention the sudden appearance
of those problems just after the upgrade.

btw. lines here in princes town are total crap - just try to apply for a new line - I've been waiting over 2 frickin' years now because of *a problem with the lines* - that tstt obviously can't fix. *sigh

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users