TSTT Forum: ADSL Crawling - TSTT Forum

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

ADSL Crawling

#46 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:26 PM

TSTT today announced plans for the launch of an advanced broadband wireless network in Trinidad and Tobago using solutions from Nortel.
TSTT plans to offer 3G mobile broadband services to both residential and commercial customers using Nortel CDMA2000* 1X and 1xEV-DO wireless technology.

The new network is designed to expand TSTT’s subscriber offerings to include ‘anytime, anywhere’ access to a variety of services at speeds up to 2.4 megabits per second, or approximately 10 times faster than currently available. This will enable TSTT to provide its customers with wireless access to corporate data networks for a higher level of efficiency and productivity. Other enhanced services expected to be available on TSTT’s EV-DO network include TV transmission to EV-DO enabled PDAs, remote video surveillance services to address security concerns, and IPTV.

This service will complement the ADSL- based Highspeed by enabling broadband wireless service to be provided in areas that would be difficult to serve with fixed-line broadband access.

#47 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:53 PM

Steups please they gonna offer their pathetic broadband over this technology? talk about the sad bottleneck ie their pipeline to the US we all are suffering with now.

They may have cell competition but no INTERNET competition. It's going to be like this for many more years.

#48 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:12 AM

I wish someone had the guts to roll out wimax instead <_<

#49 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:51 AM

Good Lord have mercy it is becomming more and more difficult to get through to ANYTHING on the net during the day!

What the heck is going on????

#50 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:26 AM

Quit your whining and call tstt about your line man. It is obvious that your line is messed up, others don't have an issue with their connection.

#51 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:04 PM

Quit your whining and call tstt about your line man. It is obvious that your line is messed up, others don't have an issue with their connection.

ppl come here to complain when regular avenues (eg. calling/emailing/faxing tstt) have failed. tstt usually blames weather conditions (rain, freakstorm etc. ) for crappy performance - but you won't see them coming out of their holes, unless half the street is w/o phone service.

besides.. most ppl here have a problem with their connection and/or tstt - otherwise there wouldn't be the need of a dedicated forum.

#52 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:38 PM

StarCon, on Oct 14 2005, 12:04 PM, said:

ppl come here to complain when regular avenues (eg. calling/emailing/faxing tstt) have failed. tstt usually blames weather conditions (rain, freakstorm etc. ) for crappy performance - but you won't see them coming out of their holes, unless half the street is w/o phone service.

besides.. most ppl here have a problem with their connection and/or tstt - otherwise there wouldn't be the need of a dedicated forum.

Thank you!

Other's aren't having a problem? Maybe you need some glasses.....Like star said...calling TSTT at times is a waste of time. There is no problem with my line. Cause at night DSL works fine (mostly) but durning the day the speed is crap!

#53 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:35 PM

Guest, on Oct 13 2005, 02:53 PM, said:

Steups please they gonna offer their pathetic broadband over this technology? talk about the sad bottleneck ie their pipeline to the US we all are suffering with now.

They may have cell competition but no INTERNET competition. It's going to be like this for many more years.

I don't think so. They have internet competition, but the other ISPs are in the shithole. I would say internet services is developing in trinidad and tobago, and the price of progress is high. But progress is being made i think.

Maybe not fast enough for some of you eager beavers though :P

#54 User is offline   Kash Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:31 PM

Guest, on Oct 14 2005, 10:26 AM, said:

tstt came by my house a total of 6 times already but cant seem to figure out why I get extremly slow connections during the day and normal speeds at night. So calling tstt does not always help.

#55 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:59 PM

Guess yall have bad lines, dunno anyone that has dsl problems. Always have full speeds. Someone from tstt told me when one person having dsl problems the whole network has it not just that person. Just keep calling them to find out ur status

#56 User is offline   Kash Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:04 PM

Guest, on Oct 15 2005, 06:59 PM, said:

Guess yall have bad lines

Nah that was one of the first things they checked. They simply cant figure out what it is (The tech even admitted that). Luckily I dont browse during the day alot. But I'm not going to accept it for long after all I am paying for it.

#57 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:12 PM

Not like you have a choice....Green Dot or Fiberline...so much better :s

#58 User is offline   Kash Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:43 PM

Guest, on Oct 15 2005, 11:12 PM, said:

Not like you have a choice

That's the problem with trinidad we accept things to easily. If tstt were to operate in the US they would have more lawsuits than customers.

#59 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:46 PM

Hehe we are in trinidad, it is life.

#60 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:32 AM

Kash you are in Marabella as well right?

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users