TSTT Forum: Consumer protection against adsl robbery? - TSTT Forum

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Consumer protection against adsl robbery?

#1 User is offline   Wolfie Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:54 AM

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if Trinidad has a legal mechanism in place to protect consumers from companies such as TSTT? The reason i ask is because for the past few months, i have been getting drastically reduced adsl speeds during the day, slower than a 56k modem. I have called TSTT, reported the issue and nothing is being done. The bottom line is that they're robbing people by selling them a 256k dsl package and only providing it at off peak hours. :ph34r:

#2 Guest_TSTT tech partner_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 October 2005 - 02:44 PM

Call 800-DESK and log a report. State that you are getting fluctuating bandwidth and you are contemplating legal action if your concerns are not addressed and you would get some redress. Also if there are others in you district having that problem please draw it to their attention. There were a simillar problems here in Pt. Lisas and all they needed to do was to open the pipe to that dslam some more. So please log it and get all in your neighbourhood that have the problem to do so. My problem was addressed that way and now I'm fine. (Apparently they only noticed it when dozens complain.) Good Luck!!!!

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:22 PM

Steups I called tstt today about my speed problems and some girl answer she was so rude. I really wanted to cuss her but I kept my cool yes. She said they'll look into it....doh mind I calling for two weeks now eh. Tstt is such a great company.....customer service is second to none.....cuz there is no competition hooray.

#4 User is offline   Kash Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

TSTT tech partner, on Oct 21 2005, 02:44 PM, said:

Call 800-DESK and log a report.

will keep trying if i can get through

#5 User is offline   South Man Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:22 PM

Kash, on Oct 21 2005, 06:27 PM, said:

Call 800-DESK and log a report.

will keep trying if i can get through

I will call too cause we both in M'bella.....I know a TSTT employee who lives in the area too, I will ask him to look into it...He's a great asset to them so I think he could be of some help ;)

#6 User is offline   Wolfie Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:00 AM

Call 800-DESK and log a report.  State that you are getting fluctuating bandwidth and you are contemplating legal action if your concerns are not addressed and  you would get some redress. Also if there are others in you district having that problem please draw it to their attention.  There were a simillar problems here in Pt. Lisas and all they needed to do was to open the pipe to that dslam  some more. So please log it and get all in your neighbourhood that have the problem to do so. My problem was addressed that way and now I'm fine. (Apparently they only noticed it when dozens complain.)  Good Luck!!!!

My problem was addressed that way and now I'm fine. (Apparently they only noticed it when dozens complain.) 

Good for you. I'm still crawling. I've sent in an official complaint and an email about the problem... and nothing.

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:45 AM

Wolfie, what area are you from. What is your noise margin? Check it in the day and in the night, see if there's any difference.

#8 User is offline   Wolfie Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:30 AM

I'm in Marabella.

There is no problem with the phone line, modem or computer.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 1024 kbps 256 kbps
Line Attenuation 28 db 8.5 db
Noise Margin 31 db 31 db

It's not fixed!

- TSTT Bandwidth Meter -

Your current bandwidth reading is:

40.50kbps

which means you can download at 5.06 KB/sec. from our servers.

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:28 PM

Get dumeter to monitor your bandwidth utilisation and also get a packet sniffer like ethereal. While you are online and idle, run dumeter and see what it says. If you see any usage, run the packet sniffer for about 5 minutes and see what's using your connection.

#10 User is offline   Wolfie Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:48 PM

lol i'm not a nooblet ^

Two TSTT techs where just here and they didn't know what to make of it. I keep telling them that the problem is not at this location and probably at the exchange but they denied that could even happen.

#11 User is offline   Kash Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:56 PM

Wolfie, on Oct 25 2005, 04:48 PM, said:

lol i'm not a nooblet ^

Two TSTT techs where just here and they didn't know what to make of it. I keep telling them that the problem is not at this location and probably at the exchange but they denied that could even happen.

Seems there is a problem in marabella. Last time a tech was here one went to the exchange and one remained here to try and diagnose the problem but to no avail. They told me they changed something called the 'carbon port' (i hope that's right) but that did not fix the problem.

#12 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

Rofl Nooblet

Nah actually the problem is that Tstt likes to give you the reaming sometimes.... :s

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:12 AM

Kash, on Oct 25 2005, 04:56 PM, said:

They told me they changed something called the 'carbon port' (i hope that's right) but that did not fix the problem.

Card and port

#14 User is offline   Wolfie Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:24 PM

Problem solved for now. It was done remotely like i suggested.

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 26 October 2005 - 02:39 PM

Do you knwo what was done?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users