TSTT Forum: Inter-Connectivity - TSTT Forum

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Inter-Connectivity Digicell to TSTT

#1 User is offline   shamrock72 Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:25 AM

Well Since Digicell has publish their "Leopard" Advertisement in the local Newspaper

TSTT has stopped Inter-Connectivity talks

So they are stalling again

they afraid people
they real afraid

#2 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:21 PM

yet another reason to sign up with digicel :)

#3 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:34 PM

I don't think they're afraid...they're smart...smarter than you and starcon at least :lol:

Interconnectivity talks have not been stalled...Digicel continues to use their Irish boldface tactics in an attempt to manipulate interconnectivity in their favor...

the incumbent however is not a pussy caat...they're a predator waiting for the right opportunity... (hope they don't sleep on themselves :rolleyes: )

it would be wise not to choose sides, unless you're a pawn in their chess game, looking to sport a free jersey... :lol: :lol: dumbasss

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:45 PM

^^^^^
tstt employee

#5 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:48 AM

I don't think they're afraid...they're smart...smarter than you and starcon at least

well yeah, when it comes to maximizing profits out of a failing infrastucture and total abuse of the telecommunication monopoly - I guess they're smarter than most of us.

Interconnectivity talks have not been stalled...Digicel continues to use their Irish boldface tactics in an attempt to manipulate interconnectivity in their favor...

I fail to see the 'irish boldface tactics' :) - crappy interconnection rates would surely hurt TSTT even more - as it would drive even more ppl from the Anglo-Saxon pillagers. (If you do a little research on C&W, you'll find a history of exploitation of latin american an caribbean states)

the incumbent however is not a pussy caat...they're a predator waiting for the right opportunity... (hope they don't sleep on themselves)

true, they won't give up without a fight - that's why we will see massive rate reductions over the next couple months and years = good for us.

it would be wise not to choose sides, unless you're a pawn in their chess game, looking to sport a free jersey... laugh.gif laugh.gif dumbasss

I think that many ppl made their choice quite some time ago - and - let's face it
they can't be worse than TSTT =)

#6 User is offline   obasi Icon

• Pip
  • Interests:Programming, Playing the royal arse also.

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:34 PM

Did you all listen to the Radio this morning, i think i95. They had the new and outgoing CEO for Dgicel Trinidad on air.

They spoke about the service they are going to offer, the opening date of their doors [2005 November 30] to the public, and the enormous amount of applications they have received just for Service Representative posts.

It was an entertaining discussion; i hope they/someone post it to the web soon. I need to listen to it again.

Well, to those who heard it, give me some feedback?

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:00 PM

it's funny....starcon has never used a digicel phone in trinidad as yet....yet she so willingly defends Digicel.... :o

true trini....quick to be conned with the first person offering rubies and riches...

Be it so, TSTT is not the perfect telecoms provider.....many have suffered from poor service, unreliability etc.... however no one speaks about the good, the sponsorships, the scholarships, the grants....

For the record, i'm not a TSTT Employee, but i believe in giving a fair chance. I've not had any problems with TSTT this year so far (crosses fingers)

...it's best to play the wait and see game....I think.. :rolleyes:

#8 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:37 AM

it's funny....starcon has never used a digicel phone in trinidad as yet....yet she so willingly defends Digicel.... ohmy.gif

true trini....quick to be conned with the first person offering rubies and riches...

hehe .. I'm not a trini - I just happen to live here :)
and had my fair share of experience with outgoing telecom-monopolies in the past.

digicel has a spotless track record and is well known throughout the region - can't say the same about c&w. notice that I'm not mentioning laqtel :)

Be it so, TSTT is not the perfect telecoms provider.....many have suffered from poor service, unreliability etc.... however no one speaks about the good, the sponsorships, the scholarships, the grants....

they improved quite a bit over the last couple years, but mainly because of the competition talk.

I never said anything against their school programme, sponsorships etc.
as a company that brings in profits of 439 million after tax (2003)
you can expect those commitments.

For the record, i'm not a TSTT Employee, but i believe in giving a fair chance. I've not had any problems with TSTT this year so far (crosses fingers)

...it's best to play the wait and see game....I think.. rolleyes.gif

I'm sure that we will see a totally different TSTT about two years from now.
they will have to adapt and start concentrating on their customers, properly train their staff and improve their services.

They will get their fair chance, but will have to go a long way to regain the trust of former customers - in the end, everybody will benefit - and that's the great thing about competition.

#9 User is offline   nyro Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:02 AM

I don't the issue here is about who sponsors more programs in trinidad, it is about service and value for money. That is somthing TSTT knows notting about. TSTT has held a monoply of us for far to long and as such has taken advantage of this power that they held. I know from someone who held high office in TSTT since in it's Textel days that they could have offered us lower rates years ago but did not just so that they could fatten they collective pockets. My wish was the the entire telecommunications market (land lines, internet services and moblie) could have been opened up. Cause I don't care what people say i will be first in line to give back TSTT there sim card.
My decision is based on the fact that TSTT has taken advanatge of trinis for far far too long and now that that someone else is here they waht to make nice with us, hello it doesn't work like that. I have a post paid phone, and as such i pay a bill every month for something that is unreliable. I am a single mother who drives and works late and sometimes it is very un-nerving to think that i could be coming home and something happens and when i pick up my cell it is only good to use as a paper weight.

I say welcome Digicel and Lactel

#10 Guest_PaMPaZ_*

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:02 PM

I totally agree with you nyro, TSTT robbed us billions for years and to actually consider them as good because of 1 or 2 sponsorships not even worth 2million, is real ignorance or you're a TSTT employee.
Weekend all, i repeat ALL, ALLL , phones were down in South, from Friday Night to Early Monday Morning. No Internet nothing; this is TSTT's answer to competition..

Heil de Irish :P
Thank You TSTT for your consistence in inconsistencies of service... good riddance

#11 User is offline   StarCon Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

read this...

TSTT official accuses Digicel of using ‘red herring’ [Guardian]

it's painfully obvious that tstt is stalling - I have a feeling that they want to roll out their precious (and absolutely redundant) cdma2000 network, before digicel gets a chance to grab a big chunk of the market. lame attempt.
I hope digicel still manages to set up their own network - with or without tstt interconnectivity.

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:33 PM

PaMPaZ, on Nov 5 2005, 05:02 PM, said:

I totally agree with you nyro, TSTT robbed us billions for years and to actually consider them as good because of 1 or 2 sponsorships not even worth 2million, is real ignorance or you're a TSTT employee.
Weekend all, i repeat ALL, ALLL , phones were down in South, from Friday Night to Early Monday Morning. No Internet nothing; this is TSTT's answer to competition..

Heil de Irish :P
Thank You TSTT for your consistence in inconsistencies of service... good riddance

51% owned by Cable and Wireless...where you think those billions gone....yes...out of the country....and into foreign hands....I say support Laqtel.... :D

I hear somebody cut they cable again, dat is why south gone down...

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Post icon  Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:42 PM

StarCon, on Nov 5 2005, 05:41 PM, said:

read this...

TSTT official accuses Digicel of using ‘red herring’ [Guardian]

it's painfully obvious that tstt is stalling - I have a feeling that they want to roll out their precious (and absolutely redundant) cdma2000 network, before digicel gets a chance to grab a big chunk of the market. lame attempt.
I hope digicel still manages to set up their own network - with or without tstt interconnectivity.

would someone please explain the technical details to me what is required for interconnectivity, and where would the majority of interconnect traffic reside - The TSTT network or the Digicel network?.... :unsure:

Also, who has to set up and invest in equipment required for interconnectivity? Who pay's for that overhead cost?

#14 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:07 PM

Excuse the language but to hell with Tstt! Yes I am that fedup of their pathetic service now. Okay I am going to be one of the first to take the plunge with Digicel, if I get reamed by them it's my loss. I no longer want to be with Tstt even if their service improves in the short run.... I really HATE TSTT. Digicel seems to have a decent track record and yeah I prefer to go with a MNC telecom having used foreign mobile services for years while living abroad.

So yeah I welcome Digicel and hope they have good packages in December if that can still happen...

#15 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:46 AM

After listening to TSTT's reasons why they cannot provide the interconnectivity ... means connect their network (landlines, cells) to Digicel's network, I am inclined to cancel my mobile service contract with TSTT for November 30th. No matter what service I get from other providers ... And after two years waiting, I still miss most calls here in Westmoorings due to the fact that I hardly receive a signal (in the 1st floor, downstairs='No network").
I expect from my 'preferred' telecommunications provider that they listen to the signs of what is going on on this planet at least in regard to telecommunications. The signs that Digicel and Laqtel are coming are louder than the Independence Day fireworks. TSTT, TATT and others know for quite some time that in order to facilitate the interconnection technology ... somebody has to order the right equipment to be ready for that day. 'That Day' was supposed to be some time ago and therefore I presumed that TSTT was ready to connect TSTT customers to Digicel/Laqtel customers and vice versa.
I have to admit that my GSM phone (T68i) was a pain from day one, over two years ago ... one of the reasons I started this forum in the first place. Despite the nice features like GPRS ... yes, I am using that sometimes ... and the very unreliabel SMS service, I never had a similar quality, coverage like with my previous Motorala 7797 Startrac. Since that old TDMA phone is still in use, I can see the decline in service, availabilty ... I presume in order to push customer to GSM.
TSTT is still lacking of communication .. with customers. It is close to mission impossible to get a proper answer from TSTT ... and to top it up ... hopefully the same answer from all departments. Everybody is always giving me a different reason why something is not working. The real reason seems to be top secret. A more open communication policy would be quite nice.

Anyhow, as much as I do not like the Mobile Services of TSTT, I have not found anything better here in T&T when it comes to 'High-Speed' Internet services.
HSIA is now part of my life and I don't want to change that as it opens up so many opportunities.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users