TSTT Forum: TSTT disconnecting people - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

TSTT disconnecting people Random disconnections when on the net

#1 User is offline   dseenath Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 20 September 2003 - 08:42 AM

;) In my view TSTT disconnecting users at random. It's not just happening to me but to many others. When you are on the internet you will disconnect just like that. Then you will have to reconnect. TSTT can you shed shed some light on the situation?

thanks
Daveraj Seenath

#2 Guest_Guest_Brian_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 October 2003 - 01:13 AM

:blink: Some people would think that ..... however you have to consider that many factors affect you connection to there internet via dialup ... be it speed or stability of the connection. In your case stability is the issue.

Factors that may influence your connection stability would be:

Line condition ~ one of the most important ( second only to you modem ), if you have a noisy line you connection may drop.

Modem ~ The fact is .... most people have relatively mediocre modems at best .... even your brand name PC's are coming outfitted with cheat and not very robust "software" modems which use you computer "cpu" to actually do what a modem supposed to do. Generally, if you line is noisy these "software" modems are unable to retrain the line and maintain the connection for extended periods of time, hence you get disconnected. Also, features uses by most of us in our phone lines such as call waiting or someone at home accidentally picking up and extension is enough to cause some modems to drop the connection. In fact my very first modem was like that. I have seen see the light and spent some more cash and bought a good "hardware" modem. So i connect and stay connected ....

Modem Drivers~ In general, no piece of computer hardware will function well or optimally using generic drivers or outdated drivers ( which may have bugs in them otherwise why bother to write new drivers right? ) One should always make sure to have the correct drivers for any piece of hardware and for your modem this is essential.

My advice would be to go buy yourself a good hardware modem ..... doesn't have to be a US Robotics modem or anything. I got an Actiontec PCI modem using a Lucent Venus chipset and i got it for about US$30.

Anyway, I hope that this is helpful to you and will be helpful to others.

Good Luck,

Brian

#3 User is offline   Diamond Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 31 October 2003 - 09:22 PM

My problem is sometimes u get connected but no pages open up........there r no bytes being received......so i have to disconnect and then re-connect..... :rolleyes:

#4 Guest_Guest_Brian_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:24 PM

:) What kind of modem do you have and what version of the drivers?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users