TSTT Forum: Caller ID feature - TSTT Forum

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Caller ID feature

#1 User is offline   angostura Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:20 PM

Is there someone out there who can help me? I have a Motorola V180 and someone else in my houshold has a V3 Razr (Black), both of them were purchased in the US from Cingular last year and unlocked in T&T. From when they were bought, until the TSTT upgrade in Dec 2005, whenever we made calls, our ID would not show on other people's handsets, unless forced by either *94, *131# or actually depressing the "Show ID" feature which meant another 3 functions before placing the call. However when TSTT did the upgrade in Dec 2005, this problem was fixed (we do want our ID's to show). However last month, I did a change to my post paid package, my SIM became unregistered for 2 hours and when TSTT reactivated the phone, all features were back on except the showing of my ID. The problems with the Motorola's bought from Cingular is that the "Show Caller ID" feature says "For Next Call Only", so it only does it for one call. Regarding the Razr, that phone downloaded a ringtone from the bmobile website and up to now, 3 weeks later we still cannot get the ringtone. So TSTT reset everything on that handset as well and you guessed it, the showing of the caller ID failed as well. I have tried other peoples SIM cards in our phones and the ID's show, I have tried my US SIM as well, they all work. This then tells me that there is no problem with the phones but with our two SIM cards. I have called TSTT on numerous occasions and went to one of their shops yesterday and they could not help me, giving me a foolish story about only their engineers can help me and they are not available to customers. My options are live with this problem, dial the extra numbers, change our phones to Nokia's or wait on the competition next month....unless someone can help me on this forum. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

its something to do with your phone and sim, it could be fixed with a data cable and a third party program to edit the software in the phone,its a long and difficult process but i could point you in the right direction to do it yourself.

#3 User is offline   angostura Icon

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

For starters I don't have a data cable. Could a cell phone shop also have the 3rd party program and be willing to edit the phone's software? If not, I suppose I could get a cable and then hopefully follow your directions. I'm very new to this forum, how does this thing work regarding me passing my actual contact info to you or someone, if I wanted it fixed (for a price of course)!

#4 User is offline   angostura Icon

• Pip

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:05 PM

actually I do have a cable for my digital camera that just fit into my phone as well, so point me in the right direction for the software......I will stop only when it explodes!!

#5 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:35 AM

nah i'll hook you up for free lol...just give me a few days though cuz i havent played with a motorola in a few months...
so by monday i'll give you the run down

#6 User is offline   angostura Icon

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

hey thanks....i'm out of T&T at the moment......at least the SIM in my cell where I am now is working the way I want it to. will look out for your msg in the week, rgds

#7 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

well heres what,you want to wait till you get back here? so that if you do something wrong you could just call me or something?

#8 User is offline   angostura Icon

• Pip

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:44 PM

back home for a couple days, let me know where I can get the software.

#9 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:48 PM

arite google for these 3 programs
p2kman
motorola pst
seemplayer
let me know when you got them

#10 User is offline   angostura Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:14 PM

ok, have them all downloaded, looks like greek to me.

#11 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:23 PM

PLEASE KEEP THE PHONE CLOSED AT ALL TIMES ONCE YOU HAVE PLUGED IT IN AND STARTED.

STEP1: okay here is what you need to do, when you have installed all three programs, plug the USB connector into a port that you haven’t connected the phone to before.
when your pc tells you that it has detected new hardware, run the installation, but select the drivers manually, and direct it to the folder where Motorola pst is installed.(THE NEW HARDWARE POP UP WILL OCCUR A FEW TIMES,YOU NEED TO PUT IT UNDER MOTO PST ALL THE TIME OR ELSE P2KMAN WONT CONNECT)

STEP2: now open p2kman and wait till it connects to the phone.
look in the lower middle and locate the word "seem" highlighted in blue, on the left, top box delete the "0000" and enter "0032" and on the right hand side, delete "0300" and enter"0001" and click download seem, when the save as window comes up the names comes up as xxx.yyy or something of the sort, leave it just as you see it and save it to the desktop. Now exit p2kman

STEP3: now run seemplayer, and click file in the top left hand corner and come down to "vxxx seems" and then click on "0032_0001.seem (enable hidden functions).now look to the bottom left hand corner and click open. Now go to the desktop and look for seem 0032_0001 (which should be the name of the seem you took from the phone using p2kman once you didn’t change the name like I said in step 2)

STEP4: now as you can see there is a lot of new features you can add to your phone but we will stick to the caller id feature for now.
(IF YOU SEE ANY OTHER FEATURES THAT YOU WANT DON’T CLICK ON IT DURING THIS STEP PLEASE. THE REASON FOR THIS IS THAT YOU CAN ONLY ADD ONE NEW FEATURE AT A TIME. AND IF YOU WISH TO ADD SOMETHING ELSE THE ENTIRE PROCESS WILL NEED TO BE REPEATED.)

Look to the top and you should see the tabs running like this
System function Phonebook Recent calls.......and so on...... go all the way down to settings.
In the middle column all the way to the bottom, you should see
"In call setup-> caller id" in black and an unchecked box with "all calls" in blue. Check the box. then click the save button right next to the open button, once again don’t change the name that comes up automatically...save it in a NEW FOLDER on the desktop. Exit seemplayer.

STEP5: Reopen p2kman and wait till it connects. Now look for the column with "seem" in blue again
in the left bottom box should have no digits, type in "0032 and in the right hand side type "0001" and click upload seem and go to the new folder you created on your desktop and open the seem. Now look on the right column under "phone control" and click restart phone, look at the phone and unplug it only after the phone has restarted. Exit p2kman

STEP6: now open your phone and go menu->settings->in call setup-and you should be able to take it from there..

P.S. I am unemployed and have a lot of time on my hands so if anyone of you guys owns like a cell store or something, I could get real technical with the shit nah…

#12 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

Sterling, on Mar 20 2006, 10:23 PM, said:

P.S. I am unemployed and have a lot of time on my hands so if anyone of you guys owns like a cell store or something, I could get real technical with the shit nah…

Hey Sterling,
Ericsson is looking for staff in Trinidad!

"Newsdays 21-Mar-2006, Page 11:
Service Network - System Support Engineer ...
The positions are to be placed in Trinidad but cover support for 50+ customers within the region of MUCA-MUNLA (Northern Latin, Central America and the Caribbean"

Wouldn't this be something for you?

#13 User is offline   angostura Icon

• Pip

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:12 PM

I can vouch for his expertise. After numerous tries today, I finally got the V180 fixed, but I'm having a little problem with the Razr. Sorry guys (and gals), we have exchanged a couple Emails privately as I was becoming frustrated, but he deserves the credit, that's why I am personally thanking him here on this forum.

Let's all wish Sterling the best in his future job hunting so he can make mucho dinero, that's what it's all about!!!

#14 User is offline   Sterling Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:16 PM

:D Thank you! Thank you,lol... i would have taken a bow buh i cant...im glad you got through with the 1st one...as i said before, good luck with the second!

#15 User is offline   angostura Icon

• Pip

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:30 PM

the only time you can't bow is when you are lying down on your stomach, but I wouldn't go there. I read over your Email, QUOTE "oh and another thing is i know it will work on the razor for sure, buh im not to sure bout the v180. Good Luck, i have a feeling yout going to need it" UNQUOTE. It worked the other way around, so down bow as yet, tell me how to fix the Razr and I'll buy you some beers or some Johnnie and Coconut Water.
BTW, my username is not a reflection of what I drink.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users