TSTT Forum: gsm network is not secure........ - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

gsm network is not secure........ can tstt explain this???

#1 User is offline   crown royal Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:33 AM

attention all gsm customers and users alike, you may not be aware that tstt gsm network is not secure , why? for several weeks now . if u notice when u have dialed from ur handset to a land line or another handset u realise that the voice sounds rainy and u lose signal in some cases and the quality of the signal is rather poor if u look at ur gsm hand set when u dail a number or recieve a call u would see an exclaimation mark or a little unlocked padlock icon on ur phone this signifies that the feature which is know as voice ciphering is not available therefore , this simply is an encryption mechanism that is used on phone networks to encrpyt conversion and to provide channel securtiy so that no one can intercept or listen in on your phone conversations .however which mean that someone can be listening to ur conversations and u may not even know it. and the best part is that is can be deemed an invasion of privacy and person who violate such privilage can be prosecuted . so i hope that tstt is fully aware of this situation and address this matter with utmost urgency .[COLOR=red][FONT=Arial]

#2 Guest_JP_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:06 AM

:unsure: I recently heard how some Israeli scientist discovered a flaw in the GSM network that could allow people to break into phone calls & listen in or even take over a caller's identity!

These web sites can tell u more about it.

PC Playground

The Feature.com

#3 Guest_Guest_doubter_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:33 PM

That's been so since the TDMA days. I remember not being able to get the "voice privacy" feature on my phone to work. Calls were not being encrypted on TDMA digital.

TSTT said the "5-10 sec" delay in placing GSM calls was due to the call being encrypted or something like that. If they could get hit with a simple msg to so many cells last year what's to say our GSM calls are really being encrypted?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users