• +

Injured No phone

#31 User is offline   dwightus Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:46 PM

> Although you have the tendency to try and be nasty in your email which I find
> particularly juvenile (ppl usually resort to being nasty when they can't argue
> soundly) you are CORRECT and WRONG.

Please don't confuse the introduction of FACTUAL material without dispute, with being nasty. I may often make cynical comments about TSTT's service or lack thereof but it's only based on personal experience, not on any hearsay.

If you choose to express an opinion that is uninformed and not fact based, then go right ahead. I'm sure many a visitor to this forum can understand and have experienced what I have expressed.

> You are wrong in the sense that if the call centre used an alternative internet
> connection (meaning NOT TSTT's infrastructure) then TSTT would not have been
> able to block them. So when TSTT was able to block VOIP it would be on its
> network.

That is in fact a correct statement. Some of the other internet service providers like Lisa Communications bypass TSTT altogether and use satellite communication for their internet access. VOIP traffic on these providers networks could not have been blocked, by TSTT, without them resorting to legal measures.

The point I was making was that some of the call centres used this premise and thought because they were not using TSTT's infrastructure to make the VOIP calls they were not breaking the law. It's interesting that a call made via a headset on one computer terminating on another computer with a headset would have been immune from this old telephony law. But TSTT didn't business, they still block the traffic anyway.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users