• « First

why is dialup so slow during night??

#61 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:16 PM

View Posthalo, on Jul 6 2007, 11:27 AM, said:

Hey what you mean? the antenna on your house?

What if I could reach the antenna how do I uncap the speed?

Also if Greendot goes through satellite backbone, then why do still charge so much for their internet?

Yes I mean the antenna on my roof, but mines was too high. It has a router in it and like all routers there is a way to manually reset the password to log in. Default user I think is "canopy" but I cannot confirm that. I have found little documentation on the Motorola Canopy system that Greendot uses. I suspect that the speed could be uncapped from within the antenna's router settings. Oh yes they do use satellite backbone, but do not be fooled, they buying internet from TSTT as well. My connection was being routed through a cuscon server and when I asked them why my packets routing through a TSTT server they could never give me a straight answer. In fact the only answer they gave me was they don't know. Lies I say, how could you be a bleeping ISP and not know why your packets routing through another ISP. It did cross my mind that they could be stealing ISDN from TSTT but I called TSTT and well the TSTT person say most likely it means they are buying internet from them as opposed to stealing, lol, but she could not say for sure. Also it was not a public route, my packets went from my antenna to their receiver then to TSTT then to a few Greendot servers. It could have occurred after it left Greendot servers but not before. Also they have to charge plenty, that way they could get people to pay for contracts then after they realise that Greendot is lame, it would be too late to get back any considerable amount of money. Not to mention the CEO Mr. Ketan Patel does not give you a refund when you ask for it, instead he beats around the bush telling you they working real hard to fix your internet. Next thing you know it never gets fixed and you ask for your rebate and disconnection but basically after 6 months pass you have nothing to get. Now nowhere on their terms of agreement or contract states that there would be penalty charges for breaking the contract yet they do it. Atleast TSTT clearly states on their terms of agreement that you will have penalty charges if you break contract. I supposed to email him about that but to tell you the truth I fed up of him long days now, what goes around comes around, so if he feeling nice stealing my money and possibly other people let him go ahead, his time will come. My rebate should have been in excess of 1000TT but instead it is a little more than 100TT.

Also you should think about Flow and how they are even more dishonest than any other communications company in Trinidad. Flow stealing cable TV yet they charge so much for it, they stealing every last channel but they want to raise the cost of cable tv. They have the guts to come on the national scene and say they trying to acquire rights for HBO but they are liars, always have been always will be. HBO Latin America's CEO said that FLOW has never contacted them for anything. Honestly the day TSTT bring out cable TV , fire bun FLOW, atleast TSTT might be giving us a legal service. FLOW cable tv goes through a spranger backbone and they charge so much. I could only wish for the day that HBO and every other channel across the airwaves use better encryption and block flow from stealing it. I could do without paying for illegal cable TV, better I thief it and done.

As for the uTorrent speed it will be about 14K to 15K. The problem is that I do not think it could sustain the full 16KBps because of the large pings, also because it is wireless it sometimes loses packets more often than dsl so those things contribute to the average download speed being lower than expected.

#62 User is offline   guy_smiley Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

I have a friend (in Couva) who uses Greendot (256k service). It works real good for him... rapidshare download will be constant at 30KB/s. Another friend (in El Dorado) had the same service but for him it was real tears.. he cussed them up good and proper.. they call him occasionally to retrieve their antenna but he just tells them he would not be at home and to try another day.. in the meantime he says, he is using the dish as a bird bath...

Regarding the quality of phone lines... I was using my normal line (installed more than 25 years ago) just fine for dialup when TSTT offered a free install of a second line. I took this for a dedicated internet line.
Well... I never managed to get a stable connection even once... TSTT technician came and tested the line.. said it was fine.. tech support gave me some BS about dial up networking properties.. I lost patience and informed them I had 3 computers and several modems lying around for each... and I knew the Init strings for all of them ... how could they all work flawlessly with one line and fail for the second, newer line? They never resolved the problem....

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users