TSTT Forum: ADSL Installation - TSTT Forum

• (2 Pages)
  • +

ADSL Installation Trying to install TSTT's software?

#16 User is offline   zodiaque Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 June 2004 - 05:44 PM

Hey all, I've been reading the messages form this post, the initial one by admin was very helpfull. I Just got my adsl modem from tstt on friday, this after approximately 2 months after applying! I got the speedtouch 330, thats the manta ray shaped one similar to the greenish and redish ones given out by tstt. I think i have everything set up correctly, but I still have no connection. tstt told me I will have to wait three more days from friday for a connection to be initialised. My question is , is this timescale realistic? I know ppl who had their connection the same day that they got home with their modems. I guess I just am tired of waiting and hope it realy is within the three days, and not a whole month again! :blink:

#17 User is offline   Gh1 Icon

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 26 June 2004 - 07:42 PM

zodiaque, on Jun 26 2004, 05:44 PM, said:

My question is , is this timescale realistic?

I think most times it's just plain luck and chance when it comes to this.
I was told I would get the modem and DSL service next week but only time will tell.

#18 User is offline   edylewis Icon

• PipPip

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:50 AM

zodiaque, on Jun 26 2004, 05:44 PM, said:

Hey all, I've been reading the messages form this post, the initial one by admin was very helpfull. I Just got my adsl modem from tstt on friday, this after approximately 2 months after applying! I got the speedtouch 330, thats the manta ray shaped one similar to the greenish and redish ones given out by tstt. I think i have everything set up correctly, but I still have no connection. tstt told me I will have to wait three more days from friday for a connection to be initialised. My question is , is this timescale realistic? I know ppl who had their connection the same day that they got home with their modems. I guess I just am tired of waiting and hope it realy is within the three days, and not a whole month again! :blink:

Yes I think that is realistic.

#19 User is offline   zodiaque Icon

• PipPip

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:59 AM

Ok. Another question. The ADSL led is flashing on my speedtouch modem, it has been since i set it up. Is it safe to assume that when it stops flashing, and is on constantly, that tstt has initialised my account?

#20 User is offline   edylewis Icon

• PipPip

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:45 AM

zodiaque, on Jun 28 2004, 10:59 AM, said:

Ok. Another question. The ADSL led is flashing on my speedtouch modem, it has been since i set it up. Is it safe to assume that when it stops flashing, and is on constantly, that tstt has initialised my account?

Yes.

Its like the carrier detect light on a dial up modem. When it's on that means it's seeing a carrier signal coming in. It's flashing so that you know the light is working (smart huh!) plus the flashing light is like an alert, to attract attention.

#21 User is offline   zodiaque Icon

• PipPip

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:49 PM

Great, Thanks for all the help ppl. The Light stopped flashing, great! :D
only one small prob, My pword ain't workin now.
Is the default setup
username
12345. ?
that's what I'm trying (with my username as username of course) And I'm not getting through.
Any Help, or do i have to call tstt again?

#22 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:06 AM

zodiaque, on Jun 28 2004, 11:49 PM, said:

Is the default setup
username
12345. ?
that's what I'm trying (with my username as username of course) And I'm not getting through.

Well, that's the default password, which will expire after a few days. So you MUST change the password.
Since you still seem to have trouble getting on ADSL ... try changing the password at TSTT first ... If you are able to do this ... fine. If not ... the password might already have expired or so. If expired ... call them (they usually ask for a fax authentication or so) and ask for resetting the password.

#23 User is offline   zodiaque Icon

• PipPip

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:50 PM

Went into tstt to enquire about the adsl this morning. Apparently, according to them, they issued my modem too early and no one has done anything towards initialising my account!
Efficiency at its best! ;)

#24 User is offline   zodiaque Icon

• PipPip

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:04 PM

^^oh, forgot to mention, on top of which my phone line is now dead!

#25 User is offline   Gh1 Icon

• Pip

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:46 PM

Like I said before "luck and chance" and I'm still waiting for my service.
I'll be calling in the morning for an update.

#26 Guest_DSL User_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:39 PM

I need help with the settings in the phonebook.ini file for the SpeedTouch 330 USB ADSL Modem.

On the installation CD, there is a WAN folder with the following subfolders:

PPPoA 0-35 , PPPoA 0-38 , PPPoA 8-35 , PPPoA 8-48 , PPPoE 0-35 , PPPoE 8-35

I ran the setup file in the PPPoA 0-35 folder. The phonebook.ini for this installation contained the following settings:

[Version]
FileVersion=3.0

[Driver]
DriverType=0

[ModemSettings]
ModemOption=10

[Modem.ISDN]
ModemMode=3

[Modem.POTS]
ModemMode=11

[USB]
MaxAltSetting=1
BandWidthAlgo=0
ForcedSelection=0
BMaxDSL=8128

[Maximum simultaneous connections]
MaxSimConnections=1

[0001]
Name=ISP name
PeakDownstreamBitRate=254
EncapsulationMode=0
PeakUpstreamBitRate=26
VpiVci_VPI=0
VpiVci_VCI=35
DataAltSetting=3
FCS=

[cks]
cks=35626

What I'm not sure about is the EncapsulationMode and DataAltSetting. From the online info I found, it seems that an EncapsulationMode of 0 is
VCMUX for PPPoA and 1 is LLC for PPPoE but I'm not sure if this is correct. In my install the default for "DataAltSetting" is 3 but in the phonebook.ini
at http://www.tsttprobl...l/phonebook.zip it's set to 1.

Can someone assist please?

#27 Guest_DSL User_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:00 PM

The 0001 section of the phonebook.ini can be found in the registry at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ALCATEL/SpeedTouchUSB/Phonebook/0001

Take a look a the following webpage which I had to use Google to translate from French to English.

http://translate.goo...nu%2Fusb%2Ehtml

#28 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 July 2004 - 12:50 AM

DSL User, I am not so sure that you can alter the phonebook.ini file at all. From my experience (one year ago and it is working since then), the .ini file has a checksum entry [cks] and when you change the file, this checksum needs also to be changed. Since who knows how to do that, a default phonebook.ini file is the only solution ... with maybe some registry tweaking if required at all.

But what is your problem when using the PPPoA 0-35 settings? They should be correct and shouldn't need to be modified.
Most important VCI=35, VPI=0 PPPoA ... and something else
I think I remember that 'DriverType=0' was setting it to PPPoA.

On my Linux box I am actually only providing 0/35 and that's it:
/usr/local/sbin/pppoa3 -m 1 -c -vpi 0 -vci 35

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users