• +
  • Last »

paradyne problem

#1 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:04 AM

new problem dat emerged since i started leaving my pc on while goin to work...

i set things to download and wen i come back home and i check the pc the connection is down ...not the download but the connection, cuz i cant even open a internet page ..nutting works, but it still shows connected in the taskbar..this happens whether i have a static ip or using dhcp (doesnt matter )

does the connection timeout or the ip expires or something and drops the connection ???? ..this has happened monday , tuesday and today ..i leave home with it dling and i come back to see the download didnt finish cuz the connection was lost ..

to get back the connection i have to go in the admin page and reboot router and sometimes reenter setting on profile ..

i have a Paradyne 6211 modem that tstt gives out now to save money

#2 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

um anyone else having their paradyne modem losing connectivity after 3 hrs or so and u must turn off modem and restart

i planned to get rid of this paradyne but can someone gave me a clue on wat dsl modem would work well with tstt (model of dsl modem etc)

also i got a wireless router to turn the dsl into a wireless but since the paradyne modem has a router built into it , it was harder to config ..i did get the net to work through the wireless , however it still lost the connection and so it only proves to me that the paradyne is the worst..wat i do notice is that every time it loses the connectivity,the internet gateway ip is blanked in the router options page ..why is it clearing itself wen the dhcp is renew...i think its becuz since im declaring the gateway manually that the dhcp is erasing it in the profile (overwriteing settings or something)...could anyone with some dsl knowledge give their thoughts on this paradyne problem ?

#3 User is offline   halajeet Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:38 AM

Are you using the Ethernet port or the USB port on the paradyne? The USB is not as reliable as the Ethernet.

The paradyne can be a bit of a pest. Here's something you can try. Factory default it, go to the quick start after and select Auto-Connect. Let it run through it's procedure (will take a while) Afterward just see if there's any settings that need to be adjusted. You may not need to change anything, just make sure of the following:

NAT enabled
DHCP enabled
Autenticaition PAP

Once this has been set up correctly what you're experienceing may almost never happen again (it worked for me)

The internet gateway has nothing to do with dhcp. One is on the WAN and the other is on the LAN.

#4 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:07 PM

didnt work halajeet, anymore suggestions anyone

#5 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:15 PM

I have left my PC on for days on end and havent lost connection at all I actually find that the Paradyne is working well , just that yesterday I checked it and the network connection was saying limmited connection ,I rebooted and it was fixed and twice when I came home the computer was off :( but I think that's due to my PSU going

#6 User is offline   halajeet Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

Senti_al, on Jul 29 2006, 09:40 PM, said:

..wat i do notice is that every time it loses the connectivity,the internet gateway ip is blanked in the router options page ..

This happens when the internet connection drops and the modem loses the settings provided by the isp. Things that can cause the connection to drop:

Line problems - see what your SNR figures are
Unfiltered extension - ensure that all extensions are filtered
Phone or fax conneted to wrong end of a filter
Bad house wiring
Power problems

What area are you in? Any phone problems in the area?

#7 User is offline   halajeet Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:44 PM

Btw Senti_al, did you connect at all after the factory reset and reconfig?

#8 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:07 PM

yes halajeet , anytime i reboot or reenter settings i alwayss get back the connection but the main thing to me is , why is it losing it in da first place ..very inconvient since im not home most of the time. either at work or out liming so if it keeps losing the connection im not there to put it back up and the pc jus remains idle offline for hrs

i was checking for some dsl modems to replace to paradyne and most of the places i go for network stuff didnt have dsl modems at all lol..one said check back in 2 wks ..salri in south said to check "the wiz" on todd street ..anyone ever buy from them (i know dey expensive)

wat dsl modem and model would be recommended for tstt dsl users and if someone could direct me the a location in trinidad dat sells good dsl modems

thx in advance

#9 User is offline   halajeet Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:13 PM

Dunno any place in trinidad that sells dsl modems but if you have friends or relatives abroad maybe they can look for th espeedstream 6520 (i think its 6520) it's an adsl modem with built-in wireless access point... two devices in one.

#10 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:25 AM

thx i may have to do dat cuz there are hardly places in trinidad selling good dsl modems (or modems for dat fact)

#11 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:41 PM

Well my Paradyne modem and setup has passed the test I left a 1.5 GB file downloading last night and I just came home and it's still up downloading :)

#12 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:12 PM

ok well this should be the last post bout that dumb paradyne modem

i found a firmware update on http://www.zhone.com...ds/cpe/6211-I1/

this latest firmware release fixes the problem and thus stops the modem from losing the connection constantly

one way to know this for sure if u are still not convinced - in the diagnostics area there is a status saying "Ping default gateway" and another saying "Ping DNS"

Before the upgrade of da firmware these two were always saying fail - but the internet still worked now after the upgrade all says pass (except the usb connection since it using the ethernet port)..so now all is well and for other paradyne users that had this problem, they can get the latest firmware at the mentioned site http://www.zhone.com...ds/cpe/6211-I1/ ..

dpds68-u probably didnt have this problem becz tstt caught on to the firmware problem and then sent an email tell paradyne about it ..then they release the upgrade jul 7th ..i called 824tstt and spoke with a internet helper before i had get the firmware and they told me all this.

in other words they distribute a dsl modem that had a firmware problem <_<
watever its working now without disconnection and this could help anyone who got their paradyne before july 7th

#13 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:54 PM

Thank you for the info , where can I check to see if I have the latest firmware ?

#14 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:58 PM

Ok I just checked my own says : Paradyne Firmware: 02.06.09

I checked and the Firmware that I have fixes

Resolved Customer Issues

1. Fix SNMP length check error when community is 15 characters during boot.

2. Fix “Keep Alive” of PPPoA/PPPoE can’t save.

#15 User is offline   tim Icon

• Pip

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:48 AM

There's 2 firmware versions on that support site: AnnexB and AnnexA. Which one am I supposed to use?

I'm getting the same problem with my connection dropping, however my current firmware version is 2.06.09.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users