• +
  • Last »

paradyne problem

#16 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

download both...unzip files and put together in a folder..in the dsl router page wen u must select which firmware to update to ..choose annex a even though youll be seeing annex b

this suppose to prevent connection drop as it did for me

good luck

#17 User is offline   tim Icon

• Pip

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

I updated the firmware last night and the connection still dropped by this morning.

Is there any other fix for this problem or do I have to get TSTT to send a technician?

#18 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:03 AM

Ok I lost DSL connection yesterday I reconfigured it and still nothing so I called TSTT , it looks like they changed some things :

Service Name is now : tsttdsl

Authentication Method : is ??? I cant remember now but I was told to change it from Auto.

Encapsulation - VC/MUX

I also upgraded the Firmware and it works well now .

#19 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:12 PM

I am at home now the Authentication Method : is PAP

#20 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:58 PM

that relly weird how ur connection is still dropping tim..but as soon as i did this firmware upgrade and and then i gave my dsl modem a nice reboot (power off and leave off for a good few mins) it never dropped da connection again ..now the newest problem is lack of speed -

ever since last wed wen they sent the mail saying they are doin some repairs or something i havent been able to get dsl speed ..im talking speed like 21kbps ! lol

i tried all kinds of crap and did bandwidth test and call tstt ..they said they would have to check the line ..however i decided to disconnect all phones that WASNT running through a pots splitter ..and wat do u know it works good now LOL :huh:

so it looks like watever they did wednesday means more stability or something and now ill have to put a pots spiltter on each line ...now i know some say that i was suppose to do this from the start ..but .. it was working good without pots on each line UNTILL last wednesday that is... (the wonderfull service of tstt lol <_< )

#21 User is offline   tim Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:35 AM

well last night i seemed to have lost connection totally, tried to re-configure the modem back to standard tstt settings and i received an ip but no internet connectivity. i feel this might have to do with the new authentication settings that dpds68 outlined.

i also disconnected all phones that weren't running through a pots splitter since tuesday night but that didn't solve the drop connection problem.

only thing left to do is try the settings that dpds68 listed now that i have them all, i began configuring using those settings last night but didn't feel to go through each authentication method to figure which one worked.

i do remember seeing a check box on the authentication config page though that said "keep alive" or something like that. could that possibly have something to do with ensuring the connection is not dropped?

#22 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:13 AM

the pots splitter wouldnt have been been the solution to ur problem, it only helps prevent the loss of bandwidth (At least for me )

#23 User is offline   tim Icon

• Pip

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:53 AM

senti_al, have you had to change your configuration to what dpds68 mentioned?

#24 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:13 AM

Now remember that my own was working up to Tuesday when it went down, that's when TSTT gave me the new settings and then I updated the Firmware (TSTT said that it had to be updated) .

And since that no problems at all.

#25 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:54 PM

Also my Bandwidth has been better I just did a test

267.90 kbps
Download at 33.49KB/sec

#26 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:38 AM

i didnt have to change my configuration tim since it was already like that ..dont know if i got the new configuration wen i got my modem in july

#27 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:19 AM

That's strange when I got my own (17 July) I did not get the new settings , anyway it's working great now .

But I am thinking about changing the Modem/Router for one that also has wireless access , Any recommendations on what I should get ?

#28 User is offline   tim Icon

• Pip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:38 AM

okay, it's sorted out now, reconfigured the modem to use VC/MUX... hasn't dropped from yesterday morning till now. also did a bandwith test and noticed speeds slightly higher than 256kbps.

what kind of speeds can be expected from azureus and other p2p clients though? i'm getting like 24-28kbps, and last night that dropped to 16-18kbps.

dpds68, why not just keep the paradyne modem and buy a wireless router? now that i've sorted out the dsl, today i'm gonna run the modem to the router and set it up for wireless internet access.

http://www.nexxtsolu...acess_point.htm

it's a relatively cheap router, but it works for what is needed.

#29 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:00 AM

Well I should be getting a SMC7004VWBR wireless router today , do you have a Wireless router with the Paradyne 6211 , if so how do you have it setup ?

#30 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:02 AM

Sorry now seeing that you are setting it up today , Let me know how it went and the set up that works ,

I want a wired and wireless network.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users