TSTT Forum: paradyne problem - TSTT Forum

• (5 Pages)
  • +

paradyne problem

#31 User is offline   tim Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:11 PM

It was actually real simple, just plug ethernet from modem into WAN port of router. Use the same TCP/IP settings for your existing LAN connection to configure your Wireless connection.

You would also want to secure your wireless connection by configuring your router for MAC filtering and WPA encryption. Once you have everything setup you can also disable SSID broadcast on your router and you should be good to go.

#32 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:16 PM

bout 2 weeks ago i got the linksys wireless router with speedbooster and turned my dsl into a wireless ..still gives the same result in speed (33KB/S) but this way i can share connection

im waiting for a source to get a DSL modem for me and ill switch da paradyne and replace with it

so in the end it will be -

A Linksys DSL Modem connected to a Linksys Wireless router which then i can connect to via a network card or a LAN cable connected to the wireless router

#33 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:28 AM

Well I came home yesterday and had no power when it came back I had no Status on the Paradyne (everything is pluged into my MGE UPS) I called TSTT help desk (Long wait) , I told them that I can get into the modem but no connection from outside they put in a trouble call and now I am left with Dial Up :-( , either my line from outside is screwed or the Paradyne is dead now I am sure that I will have to wait till Monday .

And I got the SMC wireless router and cant play with it .

p.s. anyone has this router SMC 7004VWBR.

#34 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:36 PM

Well still no luck I have made over all of my cables both phone and network my crimper has been working overtime and still nothing.

So now it's to wait on TSTT.

#35 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:41 AM

Well fingers crossed today that TSTT will fix my problem TODAY !!!!!!!!

#36 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:07 PM

PRESSURE TSTT told me that I have to wait up to 3-5 working days but they put through a trouble call so that they can test the line at the exchange :blink:

#37 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:28 PM

Ok Update TSTT came to my home today and changed the Paradyne modem (With another Paradyne) :( , they asked me if I updated the Modem I said yes and told them that the help desk said that I should , I was then told that the upgraded firmware has a problem if you loose power it's going to loose the settings .

They plugged in thier laptop and upgraded it with a version that they had . Yes they upgraded the new one.

Well I am back up and DSLing ......

TIP FOR THE DAY : Dont upgrade the firmware from the Paradyne site untill they sort out things.

dpds68

#38 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

tim, on Aug 19 2006, 08:38 AM, said:

okay, it's sorted out now, reconfigured the modem to use VC/MUX... hasn't dropped from yesterday morning till now. also did a bandwith test and noticed speeds slightly higher than 256kbps.

what kind of speeds can be expected from azureus and other p2p clients though? i'm getting like 24-28kbps, and last night that dropped to 16-18kbps.

dpds68, why not just keep the paradyne modem and buy a wireless router? now that i've sorted out the dsl, today i'm gonna run the modem to the router and set it up for wireless internet access.

http://www.nexxtsolu...acess_point.htm

it's a relatively cheap router, but it works for what is needed.

did any of you buy those wireless router down here from in stores? How much was it for?

#39 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

I got my own here used for $300.00 TT it's a SMC7004VWBR

http://www.cablemode...Review.html-ssi

#40 User is offline   tim Icon

• Pip

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:33 AM

Yes Hexxx, I got it here for $336 (wholesale).

But dpds68, I upgraded my Paradyne firmware, so just to check I disconnected power from the modem and it kept the settings.

#41 User is offline   dpds68 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

Well you are lucky It happened to me after a power outage and they (TSTT) told me that they have seen some of the Updated Paradyne modems loose settings after a loss of power and could not reconnect .

But I am back up and Happy . They left the Modem configured different to how it was before .

I have the firewall off (as it was before) but they left things like MAC Forwarding on but I left it so . for now.

I still fraid to loose connection again.

#42 User is offline   Kornball Icon

• Pip

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:48 AM

hi. i'm trying to update my router firmware but al i get is this:

DSL Router Update

Fatal error during image uploading.

Does anyine know why is this keep showing everytime i try to update the software?

#43 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:44 PM

Senti_al, on Aug 19 2006, 08:16 PM, said:

bout 2 weeks ago i got the linksys wireless router with speedbooster and turned my dsl into a wireless ..still gives the same result in speed (33KB/S) but this way i can share connection

im waiting for a source to get a DSL modem for me and ill switch da paradyne and replace with it

so in the end it will be -

A Linksys DSL Modem connected to a Linksys Wireless router which then i can connect to via a network card or a LAN cable connected to the wireless router

what about a hub or switch.... how are you sharing the DSL... u didn't mention that.

#44 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:46 PM

Kornball, on Aug 25 2006, 10:48 AM, said:

hi. i'm trying to update my router firmware but al i get is this:

DSL Router Update

Fatal error during image uploading.

Does anyine know why is this keep showing everytime i try to update the software?

make sure all the cables are seated properly and that you are uploading the image file itself. What is the name of the image file you browsed to? Does it start to upload at all? Give more info!

#45 User is offline   Kornball Icon

• Pip

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:09 PM

the name of the image is 6211-I1_AnnexA_020614.fw and it doesn even start to load it. is this the rigth image?

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users