Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:57 PM

Ok thank you for the great info.

#62 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:14 PM

how do you know that 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1? You're SMART :P
Excuse the show of emotion, I tried connecting my computer to the net via the ethernet port on the nexxt and it worked, and because of that IP tip I can see both Admin pages ;) !
I haven't completely setup the wireless though. I did it with open (no authenication) and it worked, was getting it at dialup speeds though, :unsure: so I would have to enable WEP (not sure about that yet) and then check some other sites to see how the speed goes.

Posting this via the nexxt now ;) :D :lol: B)

Oh yea, another problem was when I connected another computer to the 2nd ethernet port, I wasn't getting access to the net (or anthing for that matter) from the 2nd computer :( but the computer did get an IP and I saw the host name given an IP on the nexxt logs, I'll have to play around more with that one. :ph34r:

#63 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:03 PM

ok I can't get the 2nd computer (Both connected via ethernet, wireless is off right) to connect to the net. It does have the IP assigned by the nexxt, but I can't get on the net or anything with it. Is there anything I have to enable somewhere to be able to get on the net with both of them?

Do I have to setup some form of routing on the wireless router to connect the LAN computers?

#64 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:55 AM

the configuration pages would be different to mine as i have the Linksys WRT54GS ..and most people know that Linksys is the simple to setup and use quickly and easily

on my wireless router admin page, there is a main page for setting up the ethernet options (lan ip of the router, lan ip of the dsl modem, assign dhcp etc) . this is the section u have to look for the properly configure .it might have ah option on the nexxt router to enable tcp settings or something like dat for all connected users

then there will be a section for the wireless setup - where u will give the name of the network (ap) set the wep key and u can probably set other options like max users on the network , lease time etc

since i doe know the nexxt router at all i cant relly say how to configure but since u were getting it working for one of the ethernet ports then u should be able to get for all ..or u could even set up the wireless and try it that way (to me thats more sufficient)

after all the setting up, u should do a bandwidth test http://bandwidthtest.tstt.net.tt/
or use a bandwidth meter program and see if u got a drop in speed or anything..most likely u wouldnt get a increase in speed cuz ur still using tstt modem

#65 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:41 AM

I do have DHCP and NAT running on both routers. there isn't option in the LAN do enable anything like that on all connections. I plugged into the other port with the same working computer and still got net, so it isn't the port. I see there is a section called routing with RIP1 and RIP 2, do any of these need to be enabled? Or should on of the NAT servers be disabled?

I'm trying the wireless right now. When I use it without authenication it works just as good as ethernet, but when I enable WPA-PSK, pages don't completely load and it slower than a slow dialup connection! And I really don't want to use my wireless without and form of security. :ph34r:

#66 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:13 AM

Actually its working with WEP properly too, which is less secure and the predecessor to WPA-PSK, anyone got problems with WPA-PSK, I have XP SP2 so didn't need the KB updates for it.

#67 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:03 PM

use the WEP encryptions ..dont bother with the WPA , this is trinidad and i doubt it have advance hackers in ur area so WEP key (256bit) should be enough ..plus u can change it every now and then lol

as for the RIP1 and RIP2 - i doe know much bout that but i do know dat it couldnt be the cause of the next pc not getting the connection

#68 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:24 PM

the WEP i have is only 128. Does it matter if I click on WEP Open or share? cause both are asking for the same info (4 keys) I clicked shared cause it sounds safter than open. I guess I'll try enable RIP when I can (the other computer isn't available for using right now), or disabling the NAT on one of the routers and see what happenes.

#69 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

i use the open WEP but i guess u could experiment jus dont mess it up too much :P

i dont think its the NAT that is stopping the next pc from getting the connection , but u could try and see

#70 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:27 AM

ok I plugged another PC into the LAN ports while this one was on wireless and the it worked. Guess I'll keep this one on the wireless then. That's weird though, but at least I know its not my new equipment, could just be that comp, although that network card was new :huh: :unsure:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users