TSTT Forum: Indignation - TSTT Forum

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Indignation a sad story

#1 User is offline   Kornball Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

it's true that the paradyne router sucks and drops the downloads, or drop the connection in the worst momets, but, in that moments, i use my modem conecction, because i also have a standard internet conection, just for emergencies. what seems incredible to me is that it drops too in the most important moment.
definetively TSTT is the worst telecomunication company i ever seen, and thats much to say, because i work all around america, traveling.
Actually the company i work for, is paying almost 450 dollar for this service. i'm Colombian, and for that amount you get there a 300 kbps over internet conection (0 drops), cable tv, limitless voip phone calls and 200 minutes for international calls, free installation and a very good service (i have that plan where i live in colombia). for 120 dollars (almost 50.000 colombian pesos) you can have wimax (google it and you will find what it is).
other countries have similar plans with even better quality or services.
wath trinidad needs is competence. TSTT and the other state companies dont do any effort to improve themselves (except maybe T&TEC) because they have no rivals.
look the bmovile case: since digicel is here, the prices are better, and the quality of the reception as well as the magnitude of the cover areas is improving.
i just lost one of the most important comunications i needed to have and thats because my DSL conection went down twice and never got back, even rebooting the router or restoring the user settings. So i get connected by modem, and one minute later it disconects itself. i tried 3 times more with the same results.
now im feeling tired of fightin this piece of sh1t called router, that was given to me by that #%/& company called TSTT.

#2 User is offline   cismcse Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:12 PM

Welcome to Trinidad !

at least you get to go home back to your fast connection and at a great price too i might add . I stuck here...

#3 User is offline   cismcse Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:21 PM

Oh on a seperate note... I hear that TSTT "patting themselves on their back no doubt" saying once before they had one of the better rates in the caribbean.

rite in barbados (Nexx door), 512K is $B65 ($TT204)
and their 1MB is $B99 ($TT310)

http://www.sunbeach.....cfm?menuID=208

#4 Guest_kenth_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 August 2006 - 06:20 PM

Does anyone know when digicel is going to start its internet service. TSTT internet rates I find too expensive. I hope digicel come through soon and the price of internet reduces. (P.S. I have relatives in the US who pay 12 dollars a month for unlimited, bmobile robbing people, lol.)

#5 User is offline   MaxIsBack Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Music,Computers,Electronics

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

aint he post dis somewhere already

#6 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

my dsl troubles a couple times a day when I'm downloading from torrents, but it starts back(i hope this continues) some minutes later, I don't think I would even bother to tell TSTT because they won't have anything to say. I haven't needed it for anyting important yet, but now that UWI is starting back that would be a different story. I hope it doesn't perform worst then! :rolleyes: :o

#7 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:43 PM

[QUOTE Kornball] t's true that the paradyne router sucks and drops the downloads, or drop the connection in the worst momets [END QUOTE]

the simple solution to this is buy a modem and replace watever crap tstt is giving us ..but its so dam hard to get one, i still havent found a place to get one and my dsl is still down cuz the modem keeps sayinf PPP server session down so no dsl , only dialup

de only good thing bout this is for all da time dat gone since the modem not working ill be getting credited for it

#8 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:49 PM

what do you mean credited? because mine was giving that problem and I know nothing about being any 'credited' for it! <_< ^_^

btw are we sure it's the paradyne or just tstt crapyness, because to me it (drops) happens randomly.

#9 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:58 PM

credited as in not charged the full price ..i personally went down in tstt and brought enough attention in the building and proved my point to them, been bout 2wks without the dsl service (AS IN NO DSL SERVICE AT ALL) <_< , so its obviously why dey offered the credit.

to me its the paradyne and tstt crapiness together hexxx..but the paradyne itself had bug problems from the beggining so dont be fooled by tstt and watever lie they may tell

#10 User is offline   Kornball Icon

• Pip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:12 PM

I would be happy to buy a new router, but it belongs to the company i work for, as well as the internet account. so, nothing to do.

#11 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Computers, music, electronics...

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:22 AM

Hexxx, on Aug 30 2006, 07:49 PM, said:

what do you mean credited? because mine was giving that problem and I know nothing about being any 'credited' for it!  <_<  ^_^

btw are we sure it's the paradyne or just tstt crapyness, because to me it (drops) happens randomly.

Well i would have to say it is the paradyne, because my dsl connection with the speedstream 5200 dsl modem is very reliable - it has been on for over a month without dropping the connection. Infact, I haven't changed IP address for a few months now ;-).

You guys should really through away that paradyne crap and by a speed stream:

http://www.amazon.co...8&s=electronics

They had a few other but like somebody snapped them up already.

Stephen.

P.S. :

I would be happy to buy a new router, but it belongs to the company i work for, as well as the internet account. so, nothing to do.

You don't actually have to get rid of the paradyne, just unplug it and use a speedstream or one of the other good ones instead.

#12 User is offline   R45 Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:12 PM

I've also had good experiences with Zoom ADSL Routers, if you can't find a Speedstream.

#13 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

Well, we have another Paradyne router not working at all at one of my customer sites (hotel). Guests moved out because the hotel couldn't provide Internet, despite the Paradyne box is there for a while. I upgraded the software just as the TSTT CSR said, but that didn't change a thing. The ADSL link seems to be up (1568/256kpbs), but PPP does not connect (with the new firmware .14), while the .9 firmware got a PPP Authentication Failure.
Will try with a Speedstream later.

#14 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Computers, music, electronics...

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:37 PM

admin, on Sep 5 2006, 05:20 PM, said:

Well, we have another Paradyne router not working at all at one of my customer sites (hotel). Guests moved out because the hotel couldn't provide Internet, despite the Paradyne box is there for a while. I upgraded the software just as the TSTT CSR said, but that didn't change a thing. The ADSL link seems to be up (1568/256kpbs), but PPP does not connect (with the new firmware .14), while the .9 firmware got a PPP Authentication Failure.
Will try with a Speedstream later.

That is just crazy. TSTT gave that paradyne crap to a corporate customer? The hotel should sue TSTT's rear end for the business they have lost. I certainly hope they get some sort of compensation.

Stephen.

#15 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:58 PM

Yes, Business Customers received the Paradyne modem.
The group booked the complete hotel ... and the complete group left the hotel.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users