• You cannot reply to this topic

Closing the chapter on TDMA Ad in Guardian 30-Aug-2006 Page 15

#1 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:45 AM

Ad with top banner: "TDMA ACCESS EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2006"

Closing the chapter on TDMA. Opening a new world of possibilities.

Why is TSTT turning off its TDMA mobile service?

Two main reasons

(A) The TDMA mobile technology is fast becoming obsolete, not just locally but worldwide. TDMA handsets and all accompanying accessories are no longer being manufactured and so the technical support to maintain and repair (when necessary) the current TDMA systems is no longer available. This also makes the service more expensive to provide to customers

(B) Valuable resources employed to maintain the TDMA service can be reassigned to focus on improving GSM coverage and reliability.

When will the TDMA service be turned off?
Access to TOMA service will be discontinued from midnight on me 31st August, 2006.

What will happen to my TDMA service?

When TSTT switches off the TDMA system throughout Trinidad & Tobago:
1. TDMA handsets will not be able to make or receive calls or text messages.
2. Voicemail boxes will be inaccessible and stored messages will be lost
3. It will not be possible to credit any additional airtime to prepaid accounts.

What should I do to ensure that I am not put at any disadvantage when the TDMA access ends?

Act now and call 800-BGSM. If customers migrate to GSM servke before October 31st 2006 they win:
1. Retain their TDMA mobile number on their new GSM account.
2. Have all credit balances on their TDMA account transferred to their new GSM account.
3. Get a free SIM card (with their TDMA number) and $20 worth of bonus airtime.
4. Get $50 worth of bonus airtime if they buy a GSM handset.

As a GSM customer they also enjoy the lowest rates, the biggest variety of handsets, the best of wireless voice and data services and the largest global roaming network all supported on world-class mobile technology"

I like the TDMA service because it gives me coverage where GSM did not. Will I lose this benefit?

TSTT has continuously improved its GSM network from inception, spending over TT$1.5 b in just the last 18 months. The company is now ready to complete its coverage plan so GSM coverage will become superior to what TDMA was.

I Customers should also note/take the following steps:

1. Voicemail - Delete all voicemail messages on their TDMA Voicemail boxes before or on the 31st August. Your new GSM account will have a new voicemail box that will need to be set up. Voicemail messages cannot be transferred.
2. Text Messages - Note that text messages will not be able to be delivered to TDMA phones after the 31st August
3. Any customers that do not want to retain their number, but want to ensure they do not lose their TDMA balance must transfer any this remaining balance from their accounts before the 31st October. To do this please call 800-bGSM.

Only TDMA customers taking post-paid GSM service will be offered asuitable free handset

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users