TSTT Forum: Watch out! - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

Watch out! TSTT not disconnecting!

#1 User is offline   Jose Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:50 PM

I have the prob that it takes about 1/2 hr after I disconnect from the net to be able to reconnect. The TSTT rep said the acount was inuse, and soon after she saw it disconnected I reconnected. The only cause I could see is that when I disconnected it did not disconnect on the TSTT end. If I was not on unlimited I would have had to pay for that time! Can anyone explain the reason/ cause? I bet TSTT wont fix this prob because it is in their benefit.

#2 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:52 PM

Yea that same sh1t happens to me. thats why I cut my tstt bullshit internet and i went to Greendot. it's costing me like 50 dollars per month more than what i was paying tstt but now i have 128k and unlimited so tstt could eat my shorts. check www.mail.tt for information about greendot. i know they had bad reviews in the beginning but i have had them for a month now and the service is good and consistent even in rainfall. the only thing is that they take about a month to come hook you up which i find is kinda long but no problems after that. what you could do is call them and ask about their services, i paid for the entire year in advance so that saved me alot of money. www.mail.tt

#3 User is offline   cincuanta Icon

• PipPip

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:45 PM

I have 2 decide if to go greendot or stay tstt. Not sure if I NEED 256K speed, but surely looking for something better than dial up.
Can u tell me what u think about the price,service and speed of greendot package?

#4 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:13 AM

I think i posted that info on another thread somewhere but let me repeat the info here cuz i cant remember where that other thread is. This is exactly my package and what I pay. Note that I pay a one time yearly fee in advance.

Greendot: 128k download/64k upload, 5 email addresses.
Price first year :$3335 (includes installation fee of 750+VAT)
Price subsequent years: $2472.5

It takes about a month after you pay for them to actually come and install the antenna. I find that was kinda long, especially since i was eager and i had already cut my tstt dial up, lol so i was stranded for a month.

Their customer service is one of the best, Unlike tstt, somebody always answers the phone and they talk to you with a pleasent tone. the next thing is that they does call you back or email you as soon as they have an update to your problem.

I haven't had any downtime as yet and the speed i benchmarked at independent servers and its about correct. mathematically i am supposed to get 128kilobits/8 = 16KiloBytes per second. I usually get a sustained 12K to 14K, which is because any connection requires some bandwidth for protocol overhead. That is true for any connection so even though it may use the full bandwidth, some is for protocol stuff and the rest is for data. thats just the way it is and data cannot be moved without protocol, lol.

Cons:

Any wireless connection is not good for online gaming, and i mean real games like warcraft, not internet spades or chess. this is because wireless has transmission latency which may lag the game since games require to send small packets in quick time. I still could play warcraft but sometimes there is a noticable delay in gameplay.

Preinstallation takes long (about a month).

For P2P you get a LowID/firewalled connection which gets you less sources. This is because they have a NAT router but UPnP is disabled so your pc cant port forward automatically. This is good and bad. Bad for P2P, Good for security because now your PC or LAN is masked behind a Hardware firewall that would reject all incoming unauthorized connections. So you can rest assure that you are hacker safe, and trojan/ worm safe.
If you think you can manage your own firewall then you could request to be set up with a public IP but you would need your own router. if you do this then the only thing protecting you from outside attacks is your router and your ability to configure it properly.

thats all i can think of. i hope it helps.

#5 User is offline   -Kevin- Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Wait... Answer Me This..

How Much Does It Cost To SUBSCRIBE To Green Dot?..
Didnt You Say $50 Per Month?.. Or Is That AFTER The Installation Cost?..

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users