• « First

TORRENT ISSUES torrent problems

#46 User is offline   omni Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

View Postunimatrix001, on Jan 5 2008, 04:57 PM, said:

i use AVG up to this day and it works like a charm. every so often i would run nod32 just to make sure and it finds nothing that AVG hasnt already found.i donno,people have their preference,i stayin with AVG for now. anyway back to the topic

max simultaneous connections is the problem here. paradyne and speedstream i know for sure cant handle more than 35 simultaneous connections properly so i set my torrents to use only 30 and everything works nicely, and torrents come down at around 29K. NB tho im supposedly blinked at the time of writing this, my regular DSL was 512k and my blink supposed to be 2Mb. why i have gone backwards i know not why but im workin on getting a "supervisor" to my house.

i like flows setup cus their modem is just a bridge so you can have (and i have tested properly) the full 65535 simultaneous connections if you have a computer directly connected to the modem or through a hub/switch. adding a router now (and i dont own one,i try an avoid as much as possible) such as a cheep CNET router that i used for a setup by a friend, would reduce this amount of simul cnx since dat one in particular only handled 20:s anyway its just a $150router... but i know those expensive ones like LINKSYS etc could support all kinda 300.

i just wish flow would come by me fast so i cud finally have freedom and can be leased a public IP directly and dont have port forwarding, NAT an da shit to worry bout

Is that where the max rwin 65535 comes from?

#47 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

View PostLich King, on Dec 26 2007, 09:40 PM, said:

That is all correct. You know what you forgot to do though? You have to leave uTorrent running for a while. Mine always starts off with the yellow exclamation, then it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to change to the green tick. Try waiting a bit because all your settings seem right.

Okay I got it working when my computer is connected directly to the Paradyne over ethernet. The problem now is I have to put back my wireless router in so I could let the other computer connect to the net now too.

The paradyne IP is 192.168.1.1 (subnet 255.255.255.0)
The wireless router is 192.168.0.1 (255.255.255.0)
My computer (which connects throught the wireless router) is 192.168.0.100 (subnet 255.255.255.0)
uTorrent port is 57960.

In the Virtual Server configuration on the Paradyne, I forward port 57960 to 192.168.0.1.
In the Virtual Server configuration on the Wireless Router, I forward port 57960 to 192.168.0.100.
But I still don't get the green icon. Is my port forwarding being chained correctly?

#48 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:17 AM

Okay, nevermind, thanks I got it to work. I was supposed to be port forwarding from the Paradyne to 192.168.1.4 which is the WAN IP of the wireless router. I know that Data-comms line diagram of a router have multiple IP addresses for each network was nagging me in the back of my mind for some reason. Sweet!

#49 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

View PostHexxx, on Jan 19 2008, 10:17 AM, said:

Okay, nevermind, thanks I got it to work. I was supposed to be port forwarding from the Paradyne to 192.168.1.4 which is the WAN IP of the wireless router. I know that Data-comms line diagram of a router have multiple IP addresses for each network was nagging me in the back of my mind for some reason. Sweet!
If you using 2 routers you could explore the PPP IP function of the cpe to make your network easier to manage. You won't need to chain forward if you use PPP IP extension. The other thing is you will only be behind 1 NAT instead of 2 which sometimes causes problems but not often, in any case if you using a double NAT both routers just redundantly processing the same packets by deencapsulating and encapsulating up to the network layer header which adds a little delay to your network. It's not a big deal but I'm just letting you know your options. Also you should implement static leases for port forwarding else if the IPs change for some reason you will have to edit the port forwarding rules.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users