TSTT Forum: ADSL Service Compatibility w/ Mac's or Linux? - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

ADSL Service Compatibility w/ Mac's or Linux?

#1 User is offline   adilas Icon

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2004 - 03:48 PM

I was wandering if TSTT's ADSL service is known to work with Mac OS X or the GNU/Linux operating systems?

From what I can tell, the external SpeedTouch USB DSL modem supports both Mac OS X and Linux ( http://www.speedtouch.com/produsb.htm ).

However, TSTT only 'officially' supports Windows machines.

So does the service work with non-Windows machines as well, even though officially unsupported?

#2 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 January 2004 - 04:25 PM

Yes, that is not a problem at all. I have a Linux box with the Speedtouch USB here and it is working fine for the past 6+ months.

And in case you have one of the routers with Ethernet, it doesn't matter what operating system you use, as long as it has an Ethernet port and TCP/IP.

TSTT usually delivers the Speedtouch USB modem (green or the smaller one in red) for the 'Residential ADSL' and the USR 9003 or Efficient Networks SpeedStream 5200 or 3Com or .. for Business ADSL.

From the vendor website:
The Ethernet model works with any Ethernet equipped PC, regardless of operating system, while the Ethernet/USB combo model’s dual interface is almost like two products for the price of one. Users get the flexibility of connecting with convenient Ethernet or using effortless, plug-and-play USB, maximizing deployment options and consumer value.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users