TSTT Forum: SMS Gateway down - TSTT Forum

Page 1 of 1

SMS Gateway down ... from 8:47pm

#1 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:46 PM

That was that again ... hope the gateway will be up again. It's always more like Christmas, not like a 'service'.

#2 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2004 - 08:48 PM

Well, the gateway is up again ... but to no use! It doesn't accept any messages ...

The gateway answers with the following line:

451 4.7.1 Please try again later

It is either the high load or a configuration error or all, but a few 'TSTT friends', have been blocked.

#3 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2004 - 04:47 PM

Various emails to various persons at TSTT regarding their SMS Internet gateway availability were so far 100% ignored.
It is quite amazing what we as paying customers have to take and what people here in T&T actually take on a daily basis.

Let's do the normal ting... sit and wait ... :angry:

Please Competition ... arrive!!

#4 Guest_Trev in the UK_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:27 AM

Does anyone know if the service is likely to return.
I use this service to send messages to my specail lady in Tobago. I'm in the UK at the moment, but soon to be moving to T&T.

The service they offered was great......over here in the UK, it would be a high cost service.

hoping it comes back soon.....

Trev

#5 User is offline   overseas Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:48 AM

:huh: this is a bit weird can someone plese let us know wen the sms thing is up and running again i am from tobago and this is the best way fro me to get in touch with all my friend and family there as i am in the uk for another 2 1/2 yrs....

#6 Guest_orion_*

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:13 PM

<_< I wonder if TSTT is actually paying any attention to the Gateway. Do they in any way make a profit off this service, or is that why it is neglected? The amount of times the gateway goes down is annoying. :blink:

I hope they get it back up.., cause it's a simple and cheap way to stay in contact with friends and family.

#7 Guest_Guest_Customer_*

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:13 PM

I don't understand why we as customers, (that implies that we are receiving a service) must always 'wait' for tstt to do as they choose. There must be something that we as citizens of the country and customers of this service could do, in order to acertain that we receive what we are due.
We are just paying our money, and we are getting nothing.
We should stop letting others run our thoughts and actions. Instead we shoudl stand up and make a mark. Not be stomped over.

#8 Guest_Trev in the UK_*

Posted 31 January 2004 - 12:03 PM

Great news everyone........the server has been restored.....SMS should be working again....

Best wishes to all

Trev

#9 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:05 PM

Yes, as of this evening we have a go! SMS seems to work fine again.
So far SMSs have been delivered... hope this will work for a while.

Unfortunately there is absolutely no communication between TSTT and the customers. Several attempts to contact them remained unanswered.

#10 Guest_Guest_guest_*

Posted 02 February 2004 - 11:58 AM

As Trev in the UK said, in the UK it would be a high cost service... so even though WE are paying customers for OTHER TSTT services, we can't demand a service we don't pay for. I've also heard that TSTT is planning to introduce some sort of fee for Mobile customers when receiving sms from the internet.

#11 Guest_D! in the US_*

Posted 04 February 2004 - 12:17 AM

it seems the gateway is down again...my girl isn't getting my texts (since monday)...anyone else having probs?

-D!

:angry:

#12 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:17 PM

I just double checked and so far the TrinidadShopping.com sms functionality in connection with the TSTT sms gateway is working quite good. Since 1-Feb only about 0.4% of the messages were not immediately delivered to the TSTT gateway. But of course it can happen that delivered messages (to the gateway) are to be delivered (to the cell) hours later within the TSTT network.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users