Page 1 of 1

New Tower Regulations

#1 User is offline   mario2001 Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Computers, electronics and cellular tecnology

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

I was informed today that digicel is doing some major modifications on there sites ....appearantly they ( both tstt and Digicel) must make certain alterations to their sites or else the will not get approval

here are a couple of the guidlines that must be adhered to

1) the supporting structure must be a minimum of 20ft form all sides of the perimeter fence

2) the actual leased property must be a minimium of 4,450sq feet .......a little less than one lot of land lol

so i guess if they (tstt and digicel) dont come up with some good explinations we will be seein quite a few of towers comming down

as i know of a few of tstt towers that are in peoples back yards and i have even seen some of them on street corners which i think is madness how can you have a tower on a corner of a street you have an intersection?

the leased premises looks like around 30ft by 30ft which is 900sqft thats high class madness

#2 User is offline   mario2001 Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Computers, electronics and cellular tecnology

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:04 AM

i heard in the news today that residens in felicity are protesting the erection of a digicel tower.

Funny thing is its not a tower its a cellsite on weels (cow) and no a perminent structure i think that this whole idea of cellsites and cancer has be blown why out of porportion

I donnot believe that digicel will step out of line since they have continusly made efforts to keep with the local regulations regarding cell tower erection.

A second thin to note is that mobile sites dont need the approval of the town and country ony tatt so alll this talk about radiation and stuff is crap cos the goverment of the day gave digicel a concession to operate a cellular network surly they must have talken radiation into consideration

I should note that so far i have heard of two objections regarding cellsites and both of them were cows and not perminent towers i have been told that the first of which is in operation currently.

Poeple need to get educated alot here in trinidad and stop makin digicel a big problem i was drivin up to sangre grande and i saw a tstt tower like rite next to the main road the entire premmises couldnt be more than 20 x 20 square and to make it worst its next to the main road and around 150ft high ....its been constructed sometime now but my point is if the people let that slip whats the harm in A COW?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users