• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flow Service Areas

#196 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Computers, music, electronics...

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:47 AM

The only thing I've noticed is that they haven't upgraded my static IP yet. When I set the connection to get IP address automatically, I get my full 2mb, but using the static IP address they gave me, I only get 512k/128k.

#197 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

The only thing I've noticed is that they haven't upgraded my static IP yet. When I set the connection to get IP address automatically, I get my full 2mb, but using the static IP address they gave me, I only get 512k/128k.

I was going to asked about that I saw in an Old Post that the IP they giving out is static... why are they doing that and how come you could still set to automatically get a (different) IP?

#198 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

View Postadmin, on Aug 10 2007, 01:48 PM, said:

Just checked flow via email if they offer the service in my area (Fort George/St. James), but I guess TSTT will be faster here with their new ADSL2+.

The reply from Columbus came within 15 minutes:

We’re sorry, this area is not yet Digital Ready. We expect to be in that area before the end of the year. Nevertheless, you will be advised via the media as well as written advice when we will be in your area.

Regards and thanks for your interest,

Get Flow Team
Columbus Communications Trinidad Limited (FLOW)

Man I emailed them twice and I never get a reply from them. I don't know if they don't like my email address, or don't care to give me and answer for where I living! :unsure:

What email you emailed them at? I not even seeing a contact email under their contact us section on the flow site. Them flash thing giving trouble to load for me.

#199 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

View PostHexxx, on Aug 11 2007, 06:55 PM, said:

Man I emailed them twice and I never get a reply from them. I don't know if they don't like my email address, or don't care to give me and answer for where I living! :unsure:

What email you emailed them at? I not even seeing a contact email under their contact us section on the flow site. Them flash thing giving trouble to load for me.

When you click on 'Sign up' on their site you see 'getflow@columbustrinidad.com'. That's the one I used.

#200 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:20 AM

Dial up speeds I'm getting with Flow as of last night and this morning.

#201 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

View PostSantos, on Aug 14 2007, 10:20 AM, said:

Dial up speeds I'm getting with Flow as of last night and this morning.

Hard luck there, in St. Anns, had Flow for the past week and it has been great so far, hope it stays so :)

#202 User is offline   guy_smiley Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:49 PM

I've been doing regular bandwidth tests since I got the service... no drop in the speed
Woodbrook area

#203 User is offline   aka Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:41 AM

I don't have a bandwidth problem and it's always 2 MB, plus or minus a little bit. I do have a problem with it's reliability in the St. Augustine area over the last week. I will give tech support a call and see if they can shed any light on the problem.

#204 User is offline   mangoseed Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:15 AM

View Postsrnoth, on Aug 11 2007, 09:47 AM, said:

OK, I have the Flow Service for 2 days now. Never dropped or anything, but I am not receiving the speeds that I am supposed to be receiving.
What's strange is that it will dl @ around 120KB/s + most of the time reached 210KB/s + at one point. But all my bandwidth tests are telling me something different.

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/171650413.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/172212438.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/172991789.png[/IMG]

The first result is a mere 10 mins after I was first connected. SMiles on my face :)
Went to work and came back later on in the night, to see the second result.
The third result, is what i am currently getting, and have been getting constantly for a day and a half.

Contacted flow the day after it started, and they tell me some crazyness (They couldn't really answer my question of why this was happening)
Seeing as my friends that also have the 2MB connection getting there bw tests all around 2000Kb+ each time.
These tests were sometimes done simultaneously with me, which i explained to the flow rep. cuz he was telling me how the time of day would affect the result.
Just wondering if anyone else encountering this problem and if they know how it should be addressed :S

#205 User is offline   aka Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:32 AM

View Postmangoseed, on Aug 19 2007, 02:15 AM, said:

OK, I have the Flow Service for 2 days now. Never dropped or anything, but I am not receiving the speeds that I am supposed to be receiving.
What's strange is that it will dl @ around 120KB/s + most of the time reached 210KB/s + at one point. But all my bandwidth tests are telling me something different.

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/171650413.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/172212438.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/172991789.png[/IMG]

The first result is a mere 10 mins after I was first connected. SMiles on my face :)
Went to work and came back later on in the night, to see the second result.
The third result, is what i am currently getting, and have been getting constantly for a day and a half.

Contacted flow the day after it started, and they tell me some crazyness (They couldn't really answer my question of why this was happening)
Seeing as my friends that also have the 2MB connection getting there bw tests all around 2000Kb+ each time.
These tests were sometimes done simultaneously with me, which i explained to the flow rep. cuz he was telling me how the time of day would affect the result.
Just wondering if anyone else encountering this problem and if they know how it should be addressed :S

I check my speed regularly and it's always in the region of 2 MB since the upgrade.

I am having the problem where my connection drops every 2 or 3 hours. This has been happening for over a week. I understand some people are also having the same problem. I have eliminated the possibility of a defective router since my DSL connection never drops when I connect it.

#206 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:20 AM

mangoseed, maybe you mix up kilobits and kilobytes .... the speedtest shows results in kilobits .... divide the result by 8 and you have your kilobytes.

#207 User is offline   mangoseed Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

no no the point i was tryin to bring across was that my bw test were reading around 450 - 500 kilobits per sec
but i was still downloading @ 150 - 250 kilobytes per sec
At times yes it remained @ 60 kilobytes per sec implying the 450-500 kilobits per sec conn's that i was getting.

But apparently now it returned to its correct range of 2000+ kilobits per sec
Hope it stays like this.

#208 User is offline   PikachuMan Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

View Postmangoseed, on Aug 19 2007, 02:38 PM, said:

no no the point i was tryin to bring across was that my bw test were reading around 450 - 500 kilobits per sec
but i was still downloading @ 150 - 250 kilobytes per sec
At times yes it remained @ 60 kilobytes per sec implying the 450-500 kilobits per sec conn's that i was getting.

But apparently now it returned to its correct range of 2000+ kilobits per sec
Hope it stays like this.

Pretty clear the bw-tester is at fault here. I notice that curaco server over at speedtest.net gives me inconsistent results, but the ones in FL show up in the correct range. Those are the most suitable ones anyway, since Ping times appear to be lower for those servers.

#209 User is offline   aka Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:34 AM

There is a tech forum in Jamaica, where Flow and C&W issues are discussed. It is interesting.

http://www.techjamaica.com/

The section on Flow is:

http://www.techjamai...ead.php?t=31878

#210 User is offline   guy_smiley Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:19 PM

Got this in my inbox

Please be advised that Flow will be performing maintenance work on our Internet platform on the morning of Saturday 25th, starting at 12:01AM to 1:30AM.

You may experience interruptions in your internet connectivity during this time.

Thank you for your patience as we continuously improve our facilities to better serve you

Regards
Flow Technical Support

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users