• (3 Pages)
  • +

Free TSTT ADSL Passwords.

#16 User is offline   Santos Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

What game are you folks playing? I play online game called WoW and I also have some weird latency occuring with my dsl every now and then. It used to be really bad till I made some noise about it recently and got my card changed out but then again I believe Flow is coming to my area very soon. All I know is after my card was changed out my latency went down dramatically but sometimes it goes up a bit.

#17 User is offline   Senti_al Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

i play fifa 07 pc

lots of wonderful lagging <_<

machine in top notch 4 de game

i calling again now to talk to them bout it

#18 User is offline   bushman5 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:03 PM

zuke, on Apr 18 2007, 07:01 PM, said:

u cant use a 512k business password if the account is already in use, the system only allows 1 login per username, if u go get through however and the owner of the account tries to login and fail tstt could easily find out if the password is in use and trace it all the way back to the line number. so beware of using stolen business passwords

False

#19 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

Yea Senti, call again, lol. I plan to call them from now till they fix it or my contract finish. I play Frozen Throne on BNET cuz I can't afford WoW, lol. I can't believe those tech support folks at TSTT making a big fuss about changing 1 little option, it's like they just being difficult for spite. It might take a total of 1 min for an Administrator to log into a server and change the option, and log out. Not to say it involves much physical work. I can't believe the height of laziness I sensing. They acting like if they giving us DSL for free and therefore we must be like beggars and take what we get. Everybody lazy in this country. People can't get good water, current, phone, cell service, internet, cable tv. It's like a countrywide competition to see who could offer the lamest service.

Oh and bushman are you sure about that? I just asking because I tried logging in with my padner adsl password and it did not work for me unless I disconnect him first.

#20 User is offline   zuke Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:39 PM

bushman5, on Apr 24 2007, 07:03 PM, said:

zuke, on Apr 18 2007, 07:01 PM, said:

u cant use a 512k business password if the account is already in use, the system only allows 1 login per username, if u go get through however and the owner of the account tries to login and fail tstt could easily find out if the password is in use and trace it all the way back to the line number. so beware of using stolen business passwords

False

What's false ?

that tstt blocks multiple dsl logins or that using stolen passwords will get you in trouble ?

#21 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

I just tried logging in with my 2 of my friend's passwords and it does not work if they are online. I stand by my statement, TSTT only allows single user adsl access.

Zuke both are true, tstt does block multiple dsl logins as well as using stolen passwords can get you in trouble. I don't know if bushman5 has found some secret way of logging in with the same dsl password at 2 different locations but in that case he should be generous and share this knowledge with the rest of us :)

#22 User is offline   halajeet Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:58 AM

TSTT (and any other ISP) can find you if you are using stolen passwords... and you can be charged and convicted in the courts.

#23 User is offline   woodyear99 Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:16 PM

The sad part is even if you have 512k the latency will probably stay the same

#24 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:56 PM

View Posthalajeet, on Apr 28 2007, 11:58 AM, said:

TSTT (and any other ISP) can find you if you are using stolen passwords... and you can be charged and convicted in the courts.

That ever happen here?

#25 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:40 PM

I have heard rumors of it happening where people abused other people's limited internet. Like some smart person would log on with a stolen 20 hours and burn it, lol. Then the owner would get his bill and be like "bur???" Then they would ask tstt "Yo tstt <DELETED>?" Then tstt will say hold on, they will do a lil trace and see what number the account logon with then when that guy get his phone bill the additional cost is attached. OWNAGE!!! lol. I have not been able to confirm this though. Does anybody know if these things are true?

#26 User is offline   srnoth Icon

• Forum Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:Computers, music, electronics...

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

^^ :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

I like how you put it. But yeah I believe that is how it's done, although I think they take you to the police instead of charging it to your bill :ph34r: . There was a newspaper article a few years back about a guy who did this being convicted.

#27 User is offline   halajeet Icon

• Post Machine
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:31 PM

View Postsrnoth, on May 17 2007, 04:34 PM, said:

^^ :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

I like how you put it. But yeah I believe that is how it's done, although I think they take you to the police instead of charging it to your bill :ph34r: . There was a newspaper article a few years back about a guy who did this being convicted.

Yeah, some guy was charged a couple years ago and convicted in court. So if you use a stolen password the police might come knocking at your door.

#28 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

But when does it count as stolen? Only if the owner reports it? I used to use a friend's dial up password for a long time and I doubt tstt could have known that I knew the owner. I used that password for a long long time and nothing ever came of it. Of course it was not stolen but my point is that there is no way tstt could have known that.

#29 User is offline   Hexxx Icon

• Board Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

I don't know if there is somewhere in the (any) contract that said we can't give out the user name and password. maybe they weren't suppose to give it out.

#30 User is offline   Lich King Icon

• Telecom Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

I do not know either. However they cannot expect to make us pay for our cake then tell us how to eat it and who to share it with. After all, if you pay for something whether it be service or product it is yours and you can share it with anybody you want. The other thing is that the cost of unlimited internet here is more than the cost for broadband cable and I mean real broadband (more than 1Mbps) in USA. Quite a lot of people pool together just to be able to afford unlimited dial up. It's not our fault TSTT rapes our wallets. If I had family next door I would be pooling and sharing my adsl.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users