• Group: Admin

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:47 PM

is the network down,i havent had signal on my phone since 4 this afternoon

#2 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2004 - 07:21 PM

Didn't know it was up since last year August ;-) Still waiting being able to use my phone in Westmoorings, Long Circular Mall, certain areas in Woodbrook and one day maybe even all over T&T. But within the past 8 months I do not see any improvement at all (at least for me). I am very close to cancel my GSM and go back to TDMA as TDMA is the only usable network in T&T. With TDMA I actually used my cell phone to call other cells, now I use my landline and I pay a few hundred dollars more every month for that.
I was hoping for GPRS (to be launched 2nd April to quote Mr. Michael Barrow from TSTT), but that seems to be still under 'field test' or so.
None of the additional features of my GSM phone are working. No difference to TDMA at all ... except it is cheaper on a monthly basis and it works more like a pager (I get a notification that somebody called, or left a message, but I do not always receive the call).
TSTT, install more GSM cells!

#3 Guest_Guest_sukker_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 20 June 2004 - 11:17 AM

GSM started off good now the reception is d worst!!! Areas that were fine are now garbled!!! What d hell is going on with this Carrier..... I would really like to know!!!

#4 User is offline   admin Icon

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:49 PM

Guest_sukker, on Jun 20 2004, 11:17 AM, said:

GSM started off good now the reception is d worst!!!  Areas that were fine are now garbled!!!  What d hell is going on with this Carrier..... I would really like to know!!!

Well, I always thought this problem was a pure TSTT problem. But I learned that actually the T & C (Town and Country Planning) is the culprit. They have not yet granted the permission to build the additional over 80 requested transmission cells.
It seems that T & C is the real vision 2020 blocker.
I guess this is another government agency which needs to be re-organised.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users